Why become a member? ×

A cheeky ask... Lend me your BIG rig!

discreet

[b]A cheeky ask... Lend me your BIG rig! [SE London][/b]

Well now, this is the thing... today I passed an audition for a balls-out rock band. YAY! All well and good... but the drummer likes to hit his drums [i]really really[/i] hard, and the guitarist has... some serious kit, shall we say. THEY ARE [i]LOUD![/i]

For the first time ever, my gear has proved to be sadly lacking in the POWER department! Boo! :(

And as I'm 'between jobs', I can't just go out and buy that Ampeg rig I've been having GAS for recently.

So you know which way this is going... and I [i]do[/i] realise it's a bit of a cheeky long shot... but...

Does anyone have a BIG, very LOUD bass rig cluttering up the place? You know, the one your missus is always complaining about? The one you never use, as it's way too loud and is far too much faff to cart around since you've had the knee problem?

If this is you - then I ask most humbly - could I possibly [i]borrow [/i]it for a bit? Any reasonable guarantee given... if I bend it, I mend it, and so on. I'm in SE London. Thank you from the heart of my bottom! :D

* Gets behind sofa and awaits hail of derision and insults *

Edited by discreet

There is still the offer on ebay of brand new Marshall 8x10's available for £150; though I do realise that you say you are skint, you'd need to get something soon so this could make sense if you can sell your present cab and put that towards an 8x10. However... the obvious answer is educate the band to turn down! :D

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1335718209' post='1634958']
I'd invest in some decent custom fit earplugs too while you're at it!
[/quote]

I'm seriously glad I remembered to take mine to the audition. I'd be dead by now, otherwise. Really.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1335716016' post='1634917']
today I passed an audition for a balls-out rock band. YAY! All well and good... but the drummer likes to hit his drums [i]really really[/i] hard, and the guitarist has... some serious kit, shall we say. THEY ARE [i]LOUD![/i]
[/quote]

Is it safe to have your Gonads out around loud music ?

Garry

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1335722384' post='1635032']
Is it safe to have your Gonads out around loud music ?

Garry
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/h4ppyjack/Just%20Stuff/Music%20and%20Musicians/NakedGuitars.jpg[/IMG]

I fully expected to get the bum's rush for posting this thread, and quite rightly so, but once again the BassChat community has stepped up to the plate and our own Mr Happy Jack has sorted me out with an 1100W rig...

Thanks very much, Jack. And thanks to everyone else who posted here and sent PMs to selflessly offer their prized gear to a total stranger! I'm really quite amazed at the spirit of community on this forum and am very touched and humbled. Thanks again. Better go, or I'll start to blub in a minute... *bottom lip tremble*

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1335722943' post='1635044']
I fully expected to get the bum's rush for posting this thread, and quite rightly so, but once again the BassChat community has stepped up to the plate and our own Mr Happy Jack has sorted me out with an 1100W rig...

Thanks very much, Jack. And thanks to everyone else who posted here and sent PMs to selflessly offer their prized gear to a total stranger! I'm really quite amazed at the spirit of community on this forum and am very touched and humbled. Thanks again. Better go, or I'll start to blub in a minute... *bottom lip tremble*
[/quote]Well lets be fair you've been cluttering up the place for a while :P I suspect it would probably have been different if you'd joined yesterday & had a post count of 2

Aw, what a great thread. Good to hear you're sorted, discreet. Now we want to know when and where you're playing live with that band, and we'll be there in our jeans and leather jackets to cheer and sing along - devil's horns optional but ready for deployment if appropriate :) :D

Edited by bluejay