Why become a member? ×

What is the most expensive bass rig money can buy?

Truckstop

Hello all,

We all know how expensive a '51 P is and how expensive Foderas and Ritters are, but it got me to wondering what the absolute top of the range bass rig is?

I'm not talking about celebrity or live rigs, I'm talking about a head and a cab that I could go out and buy right now (or order I suppose); new! I've heard of people spending £5k on a new bass, but never that much on a bass rig.

Anyone got any ideas?

Alex

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1332514196' post='1589462']
yeah the Warwick Jonas Helborg stuff is just crazy money. aint it around £1500 for just the pre amp?
[/quote]

£1400 for the preamp and £1350 for a 2x250w Power Amp. That's £2750 for a preamp and 500w power amp....

Liam

Those new Fender Bassman 300s, the blackface ones are pricely esp if you go the two cab route. Also Ashdown Small Block 427 and the two cab route is also high price, once you get either of the heads (£2.5k) the cabs are another £700-800 a piece and the flight cases 'cause you wont leave home without them. You are prob looking at 4 or 5k. havnt tried the Bassman but its supposed to be amazing, The 427 I have tried through a 8x10 and it was divine. Best sounding amp I have ever heard, can do any sound you can imagine with three knobs and three switches....... Genius! And cause its valve it has that certain something!

[quote name='markorbit' timestamp='1332629645' post='1591050']
How about the 2012 Ampeg Heritage B-15? Think the UK RRP is £4995. That'll be about £166 per watt. Only 100 made worldwide and probably presold already. Btw, anyone needing a mint Hellborg preamp could do worse than email me and make a decentish offer...
[/quote]What's the Hellborg like , in relation to the Eden . Thinking of maybe going modular again . How good is the Hellborg ?

[quote name='LawrenceH' timestamp='1332687257' post='1591614']
Does putting together a custom spec rig using a studio pre plus PA components count? You could fairly easily spend over £10K on that kind of rig if you desired...
[/quote]Very good point.

I agree with Dr Dave, if it f***s up, it's worth jack sh*t.

Expensive gear? Paging Gremlin Andy. B)

Yeah I was thinking if you went the route of something like a vintage Neve pre, into an Fairchild 670 compressor you'd be getting well into silly money, then into some ungodly power amp suitable for mastering engineers and billionaires only on to some custom made uber cab by the likes of PMC, you could easily be topping 50 or 60 grand....

Cant imagine it would be worth the cash to be honest.

Edited by 51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1332718595' post='1592180']
if you went the route of something like a vintage Neve pre, into an Fairchild 670 compressor
[/quote]

Uber GAS list, but a bit much for playing 'Mustang Sally'. :P