Why become a member? ×

Took delivery of a brand new plectrum

stevie

Went to the local music shop today and pulled the trigger of a BRAND NEW badass plectrum. It's blue, and pointy, and made of plastic. I'm so excited - I just had to post this message so that all 10,000 of you will know how EXCITED I am. I haven't taken this baby out of the paper bag yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to post a review. They say the blue ones are best for blues, but that could be urban legend.

Anyway, I'm already convinced that it is going to give me an AWESOME tone! Did I tell you how excited I am? Oh yes, I did. And yes, it's a blue one.

Next thing I'm going to do is buy me a bass.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1330466340' post='1558058']
But which plectrum is best for metal?
[/quote]
Pre-CBS plectrums are definitely the ones to go for - if you can afford them. I believe they have extra sustain. You could buy a dozen for sixpence in the old days. But now you have to sell your granny.

Edited by stevie

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1330473662' post='1558214']

I've got one I don't use but it's too heavy to post.
[/quote]

Interparcel did me a great rate when I decided to go plectrumless last year. I had a custom made gloss black one which I swore I would take to the grave, but let it go.