Why become a member? ×

Took delivery of a brand new plectrum

stevie

Blue picks are crap. I tried one for half a second 10 years ago and didn't quite get on with it. Actually I didn't try it. But I thought about it. Actually it was my mate who thought about it. And they're completetely unreliable, although I might be thinking of a Fiat Uno. But that's enough reason to slate everything by the same manufacturer for ever after, right? I hate blue picks. Am I on the right forum? :ph34r:

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1330699292' post='1561833']
Hi, i drive a Focus estate, do you think that if i recline the back seat i could fit one of these blue picks inside?
[/quote]

They are not really suited to the Focus Estate. I would suggest upgrading to a Mondeo Estate or similar.

Or go for a purple Pick as that fits the Focus perfectly :lol:

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1330694804' post='1561728']
Blue picks are crap. I tried one for half a second 10 years ago and didn't quite get on with it. Actually I didn't try it. But I thought about it. Actually it was my mate who thought about it. [/quote]

Ah, that was you was it?

Do you go for the purple one instead?

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1330699292' post='1561833']
Hi, i drive a Focus estate, do you think that if i recline the back seat i could fit one of these blue picks inside?
[/quote]

Dunno, should fit in a Vauxhall Corsa though.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1330466878' post='1558071']
Pre-CBS plectrums are definitely the ones to go for - if you can afford them. I believe they have extra sustain. You could buy a dozen for sixpence in the old days. But now you have to sell your granny.
[/quote]
I have an original pre-ErnieBall Music Man strap and it can't be beaten for comfort or tone. Make me an offer if you like.

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1330470479' post='1558152']
Pics please !!!

We need pics of your ....er....picks......
[/quote]

Pictures or it didn't happen.

[quote name='Gareth Hughes' timestamp='1330466340' post='1558058']
But which plectrum is best for metal?
[/quote]

Metal ones.

I brought a relic'd pick on eBay.
I have to say I'm amazed how comfy it feels, and my tone is so warm now. Definitly good investment.

Really improved my tone and playing.

I'm truly shocked by some of the posts in this thread. All this silly talk of 'boutique' plectra, and not a word about pickguards! What on Earth is the point of having a high-end pick if you're going to use it with a bog-standard plastic pickguard?

I thought it was common knowledge that for optimum tone and sustain, a platinum-plated titanium pickguard is the only way to go? Or am I wrong? Eh? Eh? :shok:

Edited by discreet

Funny you should mention this. I had my scratchplate impregnated with John Entwhistle's DNA and since then it truly has made me a better player and strangely want to buy bass guitars made out of many many bits of different basses.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1330863048' post='1563865']
I'm truly shocked by some of the posts in this thread. All this silly talk of 'boutique' plectra, and not a word about pickguards! What on Earth is the point of having a high-end pick if you're going to use it with a bog-standard plastic pickguard?

I thought it was common knowledge that for optimum tone and sustain, a platinum-plated titanium pickguard is the only way to go? Or am I wrong? Eh? Eh? :shok:
[/quote]