Why become a member? ×

Best £45 you will ever spend.

neilb

The Auralex Gramma Pad had seriously changed my sound for the better. Took it along to reh last night and stuck it under my RS210 on the carpeted concrete floor.

My tone was far more focussed and the bottom end was tight and controlled. I didn't expect a huge difference to be honest on a concrete floor but how wrong I was.

Im sure the difference will be as good when I use it on a stage (which accounts for most of our venues).

The pad itself is very well made and professionally finished. Unreal accessory for less than £50.

Highly recommended.

Been using one of these for well over a year now and wouldn't be without it.
Significant reduction in booming on hollow stages, and I get a much nicer defined bottom end.

I was incredibly dubious about the difference it was claimed that these pads had, but I'm completely sold now and wouldn't be without one.

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1330115399' post='1553109']
Been using one of these for well over a year now and wouldn't be without it.
Significant reduction in booming on hollow stages, and I get a much nicer defined bottom end.

I was incredibly dubious about the difference it was claimed that these pads had, but I'm completely sold now and wouldn't be without one.
[/quote]

Same here. We play the same boomy stages a few times a year but since getting my GP I've definitely noticed a clearer tone on stage.

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1330158682' post='1553396']
Sounds interesting ! Where do you get them from ? Any links ?
[/quote]

Well Auralex themselves are here: [url="http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_gramma/sound_isolation_gramma.asp"]http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_gramma/sound_isolation_gramma.asp[/url]

Various companies sell them, around £40 for the standard one and £75 for the bigger one.

I made my own using some of the Auralex foam, a bit of marine ply and some carpet tiles.
Another one of our number made one of his own too, and did a belting job of it. Have a quick search, there's a DIY Gramma pad thread somewhere on here.

Wonderful improvement in clarity & hardly a rattle in the room! My bungalow is suspended - wooden floors all through & the sound is clearer without any reverberations throughout. So when Kaz is kooking in the kitchen, she loves me playing even more :P

Best £42 I've spent in a long time - let's face it you can spend that on a set of strings but this will make far more difference & last for years :happy:

Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1330207104' post='1554234']
Wonderful improvement in clarity & hardly a rattle in the room! My bungalow is suspended - wooden floors all through & the sound is clearer without any reverberations throughout. So when Kaz is kooking in the kitchen, she loves me playing even more :P

Best £42 I've spent in a long time - let's face it you can spend that on a set of strings but this will make far more difference & last for years :happy:

Cheerz, John
[/quote]

You put your whole bungalow on a gramma pad?!

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1330160596' post='1553431']
Well Auralex themselves are here: [url="http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_gramma/sound_isolation_gramma.asp"]http://www.auralex.c...tion_gramma.asp[/url]

Various companies sell them, around £40 for the standard one and £75 for the bigger one.
[/quote]

Thnaks for that ,looking at getting one now

[quote name='musophilr' timestamp='1330208173' post='1554244']
Does it still work if your cab has castors?
[/quote]

Yes.
I have castors on my lower cab.

If anything, I suspect it works even better because there is an 'extra' level of seperation between the bottom of the cab and the Gramma.