Why become a member? ×

WoT have I done? New bass arrives this Thursday...

wateroftyne

I hate watching the tracking on the day of delivery ...almost had a nervous breakdown when then tracking said it had been delivered but it had never showed up. Two days later and my parcel shows up without any warning. Brilliant! Hope this doesn't happen with your new bass :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325772349' post='1487412']
No.

After reading reviews of the courier service who have it, I'm not confident either.

Here are the headlines of some of the reviews. ha ha.....
[/quote]
Pah. I've now had three different deliveries from DPD, and each time was perfect. They texted me in the morning with a 1-hour delivery slot, and each time it arrived in the slot. Last time was a bluray player that the shop hadn't even really packaged - it was just in the box like you'd find on the shelf in Sainsburys - and it arrived in perfect condition. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, but 3 out of 3 is pretty lucky, and I'm usually the unluckiest b***er on the planet when it comes to anything else. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1325781322' post='1487603']
Just got off the phone.. it *is* still at the Birmingham hub. No explanation, it should be here tomorrow.
[/quote]

I'll give it the once over and let you know what it's like.

I had a delivery from DPD today....

It wasn't your bass though :mellow:

In all seriousness, knowing courier firms (as I do) it'll probably link out of the hub tonight & arrive at your local depot early hours of tomorrow morning. If you know what the parcel number is, it might be worth giving the local depot a quick bell after 8am to see if it's going out for delivery?

Hope you get it tomorrow, then we can all have a looksee what you've bought :)

[quote name='Dom in Somerset' timestamp='1325791685' post='1487878']
Total immersion in the Chalice Well overnight should do it, then send it to me for it's scrumpy baptism.
[/quote]

I could plant it on the hill to replace the holly thorn that got chopped down. I could be picking basses by the bushell by spring time :)

A

[quote name='merello' timestamp='1325761852' post='1487121']
BIrmingham ....Alabama? :D
[/quote]
[quote name='daz' timestamp='1325772699' post='1487416']
Huh dont laugh it could be. I once sent a parcel to New york, it went all the way to the USA then turned around again and got delivered to my return address that i'd written on the back in small letters!
[/quote]
Yeah, don't laugh. I once ordered a bass from Music123 in the states which got delivered to some punter in Alabama due to a "clerical error" - not because the Ship To address mysteriously changed after they had received my payment and didn't bother their hole to stop it being delivered even though I called them several times to alert them to the fact that the Ship To address had mysteriously changed after they received my payment.

Wow, I still have that chip on my shoulder :lol: