Why become a member? ×

are bass direct....

LukeFRC

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1322832914' post='1456399']
Bass Merchant, maybe they sold some of their stock over?
[/quote]

I think Bass Merchant took most of their stock to a shop in Brentwood....not sure which one.

Si

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1322829958' post='1456356']
And good news for those of us who don't, as they are all safely incarcerated at Bass Direct. :)
[/quote]

Probably good news for most. I call them 'Fender Frighteners', because while a good Warwick isn't too difficult to get hold of, it will knock some run of the mill tat bass like a Fender into a cocked hat with little effort! :)

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1322840164' post='1456539']
Probably good news for most. I call them 'Fender Frighteners', because while a good Warwick isn't too difficult to get hold of, it will knock some run of the mill tat bass like a Fender into a cocked hat with little effort! :)
[/quote]

:)

ha ha!

Very true. My 1993 Fortress is amazing. Never played a Fender at any price that could compete with it.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1322848145' post='1456697']
I like my warwick. want to put new pickups in it I think. What will as streamer stage 1 sound like with nordies?
[/quote]

If my experience is anything to go by, it'll sound very much like whichever Nordies you put in it. The Fortress couldn't be a more different bass* than the P/J I've got but now you'd be hard pushed to tell them apart through an amp.

* With due deference to BigRedX, who's our resident expert on Really Different Basses :)

I've had multiple warwicks including a really nice stage 1 streamer. The finish is incredible but a £300 rockbass that I had at the same time sounded pretty much identical so I think they need to find a better reason for the silly price tags they now put on their high end gear. I also have also struggled to find a nice warm sound from a warwick that can hold up against a fender or anything that sits as well as a stingray in the mix.

[quote name='thumperbob 2002' timestamp='1322839691' post='1456529']
I have a Thumb NT 5 that is an amazing bass- dont gig with it though as I think it`ll get dinked.
[/quote]
Nah, they're made to be played. There's not much point in having a nice bass otherwise. If i was worried about dings, i'd never take my Shuker out of its case.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1322849657' post='1456723']
What has it got in now?
[/quote]

the same active MEC's it had when it was made 20 years ago.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm really tempted to stick a set of nerdy PJ (split J) in and see what happens