Why become a member? ×

VERY HANDY TIPS.

funkgod

MB1. :)
D.I.Y enthusiasts
Make your approach more professional by
Starting 3 days late
wearing ill fitting trousers
and shaking your head at regular intervals.

Get a UV Marker pen and write your name and postcode on your gear!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1319659746' post='1417059']
Buckle rash: No need to cover the back of your bass with gaffa tape. No need to tuck a beer towel into your trousers. Simply move your belt buckle one loop to the side.
[/quote]

get trousers that fit properly. then there's no need for a belt so no buckle rash :)

[quote name='Shambo' timestamp='1319807893' post='1418829']
This halloween, when people see you in fancy dress costume and say "you look great", simply replace "great" with "a ****", for a more honest appraisal of your appearance.
[/quote]

Will do tonight (usually do anyway)!

[quote name='Shawman' timestamp='1319807024' post='1418819']

get trousers that fit properly. then there's no need for a belt so no buckle rash :)
[/quote]
Unless you're like me and have no ar*se. I'm a great big fatty but there's no meat on my buttocks, so nothing to hang trousers on. I have to have my belt so tight that I look like a bag of sh*te tied in the middle. Mind you, it does mean that my overhang protects my basses from my buckles (which I collect so have some interestingly shaped ones). I don't mind wearing braces when I'm in my outdoors/fishing gear, but otherwise I just feel like a prat in them.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1319812392' post='1418900']
Another (sorry) serious one... photograph all your gear, write down the descriptions and all the serial numbers and put it all somewhere safe (www.dropbox.com or a fridge - next best thing to a firesafe). You never know!
[/quote]

Funny, I've just spent the last hour and a half doing just that!

When ever you have an argument with the wife, Cheer your self up simply by watching your wedding video
backwards......
you'll love the bit where you give her back the ring, watch her walk back down the aisle, get into a car and pi@@
off !....

Save money on expensive air fresheners, simply by stuffing lavender up ya hoop, then every time you fart a burst
soothing fragrance is released into you house.

Submarine designers, why not put the water pipes on the out side then if there is a leak it wont make a mess !

GOOD OLD VIZ

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1319810451' post='1418867']
Unless you're like me and have no ar*se. I'm a great big fatty but there's no meat on my buttocks, so nothing to hang trousers on. I have to have my belt so tight that I look like a bag of sh*te tied in the middle. Mind you, it does mean that my overhang protects my basses from my buckles (which I collect so have some interestingly shaped ones). I don't mind wearing braces when I'm in my outdoors/fishing gear, but otherwise I just feel like a prat in them.
[/quote]
Top tip - Get braces & play punk or mod.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' timestamp='1319812392' post='1418900']
Another (sorry) serious one... photograph all your gear, write down the descriptions and all the serial numbers and put it all somewhere safe (www.dropbox.com or a fridge - next best thing to a firesafe). You never know!
[/quote]

I always tell folk to take pics of their gear (for insurance) & pop the pics on a private Flickr or similar.