Why become a member? ×

Depressing things your bandmates say.

arthurhenry

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1317980088' post='1396829']
"Let's do 500 Miles for the encore, everyone loves it...."

oh god!!
[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1317980681' post='1396835']

Holy crap! I would actually rather f*ck The Proclaimers than do that number.
[/quote]

Depends if you play it like this or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XWWXHu3Cxg

Liam

"Let's 'rock' it up". This I always take as a euphemism for "I can't play". Quite possibly the most over used and pointless statement used by cover's band members.

"...we got away with that one" and "I'm quite relaxed about our performance, and thought it was really good in places. My friend in the audience said we were great".

This was what an inadequate, ball achingly...I could go on, member of the band I play for, said after our last gig which was truly awful. The guy is deluded.

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1318023654' post='1397496']"Let's 'rock' it up". This I always take as a euphemism for "I can't play". Quite possibly the most over used and pointless statement used by cover's band members. "...we got away with that one" and "I'm quite relaxed about our performance, and thought it was really good in places. My friend in the audience said we were great". This was what an inadequate, ball achingly...I could go on, member of the band I play for, said after our last gig which was truly awful. The guy is deluded.[/quote]

how dare he have a positive state of mind.

[quote name='Killerfridge' timestamp='1318020922' post='1397467']
"What's that string called again?"

"I've just written a great new song" *Plays power chords of A, F, C, G* "Whadya think?"*

*Note: all our songs go A F C G. At least all the songs written by this certain person. Doesn't even think of changing the key.
[/quote]
Does he know that with an added A (post G) hes re-written "The Time Warp" and Richard O'Brian has a good legal team.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1317978602' post='1396794']

"I wouldn't want to gig more than a couple of times a week."
[/quote]

Or in my case "I wouldn't want to gig more than a couple of times a year."

I've never been in band that played more than once a week on average (nor would I want to be).

This is a theatrical one, but same principles apply;

[b]'Why are you taking it so seriously, it's only a bit of fun?'[/b]

Fun for who exactly .. not for the rest of the cast if they are actually trying to do a good job.And certainly not for the audience if they have to sit and watch you acting like an incompetent berk.