Why become a member? ×

Front Women / Front Men

janmaat

Talking of 30 year old gear, here is a 30 year old line up. I'm Far left, My the Wife centre, and thought you may like to see John East Bottom left, When he used to spank the plank on a regular basis, and got me hooked on this Bass madness. We did use a full HH PA with Column speakers in 77 this was taken in 81.

Edited by deepbass5

[quote name='Linus27' post='1374499' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:52 PM']So, I can see a bit of a pattern emerging here. It seems we are all drawn to having female singers as our front person and good looking ones at that. We clearly know our priorities. Top work fellow bass players :)[/quote]

We're just greedy..... and by 'eck can they sing! We would be lucky to just have one of them out front....but two....I'm part of a great band thats lots of fun. Life is good. :)

Photo from our website [url="http://www.GrooveCruise.co.uk"]GrooveCruise.co.uk[/url]

[quote name='silddx' post='1374526' date='Sep 15 2011, 03:21 PM']Hello mate

Yes I do :) Although I'm not in the band.

Krupa and Sheema are full time members of TGU and I work with them on their solo projects, and other TGU projects. I play with Tim and Hami a lot, he is a stunning drummer with the most incredible timing! Tim is also a fantastic musician and producer.[/quote]

Ha ha, brilliant!! I'm a fan of Transglobal; seen them live a number of times :)

All credit to you there mate. Those are some great musicians you're hanging with.

Gotta love Basschat for this sort of thing!

[quote name='silddx' post='1374528' date='Sep 15 2011, 03:23 PM']You a dhol man then? Do you know Gurjit and Rav Diamondcut?[/quote]

haha my Dhol skills are very limited to say the most, I was bass player with them four the last four years. He's got a whole new band at the moment, something he does every now and then but apparently they're sounding awesome at the moment. I miss those big gigs, but not the hearing damage 5 dhols inflicts!

[quote name='Monckyman' timestamp='1316164108' post='1375227'][i]That`s[/i] why we`ve not been getting the better gigs ffs, no dancing badger.
I feel a proper chump now.
:)[/quote]

Baz is available for deps, he needs 2 tins of Pedigree Chum and a dark corner to snuffe about in.

[quote name='gilmour' timestamp='1316204057' post='1375958']
haha my Dhol skills are very limited to say the most, I was bass player with them four the last four years. He's got a whole new band at the moment, something he does every now and then but apparently they're sounding awesome at the moment. I miss those big gigs, but not the hearing damage 5 dhols inflicts!
[/quote]
Riiight! We certainly have some connections then, :)

Dhols are f***ing loud! Fabulous instruments.

[quote name='janmaat' timestamp='1316426447' post='1377773']
Beautiful violinist.

Come on, somebody else must have some cute female band members?
[/quote]
Ok, not a band as such, but I have shared a stage (and a dressing room :)) with this lady who's a mate of Krupa's and performs with her once in a while. She's lovely and extremely talented. Miss Polly Rae ..

Edited by silddx