Why become a member? ×

Front Women / Front Men

janmaat

I sing and play bass and do intros and gags

Rod sings and plays guitar and does intros and gags

Mart sings and plays drums and does intros and gags

The concept of a 'front man' requires the acceptance of others as 'support players'. I wasn't built to be second fiddle to anybody.

[quote name='Linus27' post='1374499' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:52 PM']So, I can see a bit of a pattern emerging here. It seems we are all drawn to having female singers as our front person and good looking ones at that. We clearly know our priorities. Top work fellow bass players :)[/quote]
Terrortones breaking the mould by having a female guitarist instead...

And she's almost as tall as the Jetsonics' singer!

Sorry, not a particularly interesting shot but this is my band playing at my girlfriends 40th birthday party. As it was her night we allowed her to sing the first set. She is a great singer and front person and we are hoping to get a band together next year (we met when playing in the same band).

Before anyone asks, yes, there was food there so no, im not eating my pick, nor had i lost it, nope, i dont play with it in my mouth etc etc :-), it was just here as i was trying some finger style playing.

and this was at one of our Social club gigs

Both shots were taken by our son

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='Skol303' post='1374459' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:15 PM']I don't suppose you've had anything to do with Transglobal Underground, have you?

No reason for asking other than curiosity, as I understand that Sheema used to - or maybe still does - play sitar as part of that outfit.[/quote]
Hello mate

Yes I do :) Although I'm not in the band.

Krupa and Sheema are full time members of TGU and I work with them on their solo projects, and other TGU projects. I play with Tim and Hami a lot, he is a stunning drummer with the most incredible timing! Tim is also a fantastic musician and producer.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='gilmour' post='1374479' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:31 PM']Silddx, are you playing for Transglobal? I was playing with Johnny and TDF for about four years so I wonder if we've probably crossed paths at some point?[/quote]
Ooh, see my other post above :)

I know Johnny to speak to, the old pirate :) Saw him a few month ago when I was playing with Sheema at Lushfest.

You a dhol man then? Do you know Gurjit and Rav Diamondcut?

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' post='1374526' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:21 PM']Krupa and Sheema are full time members of TGU and I work with them on their solo projects, and other TGU projects. I play with Tim and Hami a lot, he is a stunning drummer with the most incredible timing! Tim is also a fantastic musician and producer.[/quote]

Last time I saw TGU live - a couple of years ago I suppose, when Moonshout was just released - Krupa was singing, but there was no Sheema on bass and sitar.

Instead there was bloke called Matt (I think) taking over Sheema's duties on both her bass and sitar. He had the same sort of dress sense as Shaggy of Scooby Doo fame! :)

[quote name='matski' post='1374594' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:08 PM']Last time I saw TGU live - a couple of years ago I suppose, when Moonshout was just released - Krupa was singing, but there was no Sheema on bass and sitar.

Instead there was bloke called Matt (I think) taking over Sheema's duties on both her bass and sitar. He had the same sort of dress sense as Shaggy of Scooby Doo fame! :)[/quote]

Ah, occasionally there's a clash with her schedule, so her dep is brought in. I've not seen him, take any pics of Shaggy on Sitar? :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1374453' date='Sep 15 2011, 02:07 PM']Your band look like immense fun in those photos :)[/quote]

We are - but there can be a fine line between immense fun and abject terror :)

Mind you, that was Yeovil - they probably do that sort of thing at everyone's gigs?

Baz, our dancing badger

Edited by TheRev

[quote name='TheRev' post='1374646' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:43 PM']We are - but there can be a fine line between immense fun and abject terror :)

Mind you, that was Yeovil - they probably do that sort of thing at everyone's gigs?

Baz, our dancing badger[/quote]
f***ing hell. Where was that gig?! Dale Farm?

[quote name='silddx' post='1374649' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:47 PM']f***ing hell. Where was that gig?! Dale Farm?[/quote]

Pub called the Butchers Arms in Yeovil. It was our first gig there and the nudity kicked off about 20 minutes in. I'd say it was all to do with that pub if it was the first time people had got their kit off at one of our gigs but partial or total nudity seems to be fairly common. I think it might have something to do with the gallons of scrumpy being drunk.

*edit*

Ah -just got the reference! Aplogies for the serious reply!. Yep, they scared the sh*t out of us when we first walked in but they truned out to be really nice people. The large hairy bloke is the landlord.

Edited by TheRev

[quote name='Marvin' post='1374653' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:48 PM'][attachment=89522:IMGP0503.JPG]

Our warbler at our last gig.[/quote]

Handcuffing her to the lighting rig was a low trick. :)

[quote]Baz, our dancing badger[/quote]

EVERY band should have a dancing badger.

Edited by Earbrass

[quote name='TheRev' post='1374657' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:53 PM']Pub called the Butchers Arms in Yeovil. It was our first gig there and the nudity kicked off about 20 minutes in. I'd say it was all to do with that pub if it was the first time people had got their kit off at one of our gigs but partial or total nudity seems to be fairly common. I think it might have something to do with the gallons of scrumpy being drunk.

*edit*

Ah -just got the reference! Aplogies for the serious reply!. Yep, they scared the sh*t out of us when we first walked in but they truned out to be really nice people. The large hairy bloke is the landlord.[/quote]
This one? [url="https://www.facebook.com/butchersarms.yeovil#!/butchersarms.yeovil?sk=photos"]https://www.facebook.com/butchersarms.yeovi...eovil?sk=photos[/url]

There are enough photos of potential front persons on there to keep this thread going a very long time :)

[quote name='TheRev' post='1374646' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:43 PM']We are - but there can be a fine line between immense fun and abject terror :)

[/quote]

Yeah, I have the same feeling when I see a 30 year old HH PA amp being used too!

Didnt notice a badger, but there were some fine puppies wiggling about in one of those piccies I think....

[quote name='silddx' post='1374659' date='Sep 15 2011, 04:58 PM']This one? [url="https://www.facebook.com/butchersarms.yeovil#!/butchersarms.yeovil?sk=photos"]https://www.facebook.com/butchersarms.yeovi...eovil?sk=photos[/url]

There are enough photos of potential front persons on there to keep this thread going a very long time :)[/quote]

That's the one - I almost didn't recognise it with it's clothes on. We're going back in a few months I think. Should be fun.

[quote name='51m0n' post='1374673' date='Sep 15 2011, 05:18 PM']Yeah, I have the same feeling when I see a 30 year old HH PA amp being used too!

Didnt notice a badger, but there were some fine puppies wiggling about in one of those piccies I think....[/quote]
The amp belonged to the pub... we didn't even touch it with the drummer.

Unfortunatley, the puppies are usually outnumbered by the old dogs.