Why become a member? ×

Hats off to Orange

waynepunkdude

I had a couple of show this afternoon and the board I was plugging my Orange into was using Phantom Power I was a little worried about it damaging the amp, I phoned Orange to ask them, the guy who answered said he didn't know and he'd get someone to call me back, within 20 mins I had a call from one of their techs who answered my question in a really helpful, friendly manner, top service.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1309733' date='Jul 19 2011, 09:06 PM']I had a couple of show this afternoon and the board I was plugging my Orange into was using Phantom Power I was a little worried about it damaging the amp, I phoned Orange to ask them, the guy who answered said he didn't know and he'd get someone to call me back, within 20 mins I had a call from one of their techs who answered my question in a really helpful, friendly manner, top service.[/quote]

Nice to hear that someone is prepared to help all they can when you need it.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1309733' date='Jul 19 2011, 10:06 PM']I had a couple of show this afternoon and the board I was plugging my Orange into was using Phantom Power I was a little worried about it damaging the amp, I phoned Orange to ask them, the guy who answered said he didn't know and he'd get someone to call me back, within 20 mins I had a call from one of their techs who answered my question in a really helpful, friendly manner, top service.[/quote]

so what was the answer?

Another good word for Orange from me as well. Crappy customer service is way too often the norm thesedays so I´m always happy to find companies with proper service! And suprised as well, I guess that says a lot...

Edited by Massey

Good phone support is incredibly rare these days, so rare infact I turn into a babbling idiot of niceties when someone is actually helpful on the phone.

If they are even UK based and speak a reasonable standard of english, most of them read from a script of pre set idiocy.

I'm the first to slag off bad customer service and the first to "big up" companies that provide "proper" service. Not an Orange owner but if this is the level of service I'll certainly consider them in the future!!

oh no...I hope this doesn't start a new bout of Gas'ing.. :lol: :) :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I'd like to add another positive comment about Orange. I recently bought an Orange Bass Terror, and the strap on the carry bag broke. A quick email and they sent me out a replacement, no questions and no bother. Top customer service.

Either a few of the posts in this thread have a severe lack of smilies, or some people actually think [url="http://www.orangeamps.com/"]The Orange amp company [/url]and [url="http://web.orange.co.uk/p/film/cinema_tickets"]The Orange mobile phone/internet company [/url]are the same thing ? :)

Edited by daz

[quote name='daz' post='1343899' date='Aug 18 2011, 01:08 AM']Either a few of the posts in this thread have a severe lack of smilies, or some people actually think [url="http://www.orangeamps.com/"]The Orange amp company [/url]and [url="http://web.orange.co.uk/p/film/cinema_tickets"]The Orange mobile phone/internet company [/url]are the same thing ? :)[/quote]

So where does that leave me? Will phantom power damage my phone or not?