Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1316480029' post='1378700']
UPDATED LIST:
[indent=1]01. Silverfoxnik: Roscoe Beck V, BC Rich Eagle, Yamaha TRB5 with Norstrand p/ups and Auderre pre, Hughes & Kettner Bassbass 600 head & SWR Triad.. plus old Peavey Head and 1x15 for the Jamming Room (unless anyone has something else we can use that's better?)[/indent]
02. Coasterbass: Eden Navigator preamp and SVP-Pro, Mesa 1x15 RR, Warwick $$ Streamer (Lefty), Stingray (Lefty)[indent=1]03. Waynepunkdude: Arsenal shirt, Nick Cave underpants, Sunburst Musicman Sterling H and Ampeg SVT 2pro G&K Neo412[/indent]
04. MikeyR: Blue P bass with a selection of stomp boxes
05. Truckstop: MIM Fender Jazz V, pimped Kay 2B; Gem/Ampeg rig; some effects
06. Dropzone: Jeff berlin combo and what I think is a Mark 1 Barefaced Compact Cab
07. Pete.young:
08. Shockwave: Pedulla MVP5 Mean Green machine.
09. Sibob: '71 Precision, '73 Jazz, MIA Jazz 5 if there's interest, Barefaced Compact, Orange Terror, Pedal-board if there's interest.
10. Throwoff:
11. TheGreek: Veillette Citron fretless
12. Burgundymouse: Fender Jazz and Laney amp
13. 51m0n: Berg ae410, MB, Focusrite and Roscoe
14. seashell: MIM Fender Precision + some sort of Marshall practice amp
15. Barneyg42: Some second-hand tat bought over the years!
16. Happy Jack: Double bass of some description + Status Graphite Streamline 5
17. silddx: Hohner B2ADB Headless Boat Paddle / Home Built Chris Squire Electra Evolution, Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 and my Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live)[indent=1]18. Paul the drums: himself & some drums![/indent]
19. TomKent: Fodera NYC Empire 5, Fender Jazz 4, Vintage Stingray 5, Faker P 4 Fretless, Faker P Fretted, Krampera KVB800 Rig, some pedals too..
20. Obbm: Shuker PJ5, ACG headless 5, Aguilar SL112, Ashdown LB, GK Microstack.
21. Ped: Vigier Passion bass, BC T shirts
22. Merton: 4 Statii (yes, 4, hooray!), Multiscale prototype, GK MB200
23. Jean-Luc Pickguard: NS-Design CR5M, Ashbory
24. Stingray5: Musicman, Tune, Trace Elliot, GT-6B, other stuff tba
25. Bassace : A double bass and an amp or two
26. WalMan: Wal Pro 1/Custom, G&L L2500 fretted & fretless, MB LMT, BF Super 12T, assorted EBS pedals [i][b]EDIT[/b][/i] Roland PK5 bass pedals & Novation BassStation
27. SlackAlice: Squier P Bass Special........& hopefully another addition by then. Ashdown Electric Blue 180 12.
28. Mcgraham: Wood & Tronics 5 string fretted & 5 string fretless
29. Pantherairsoft: Roscoe Century Signature 6 & Custom 3006 Fretless
30. Maverick: Maverick S4 Nemesis, Fulltone Bass Drive & EBS Microbass II.
31. Grand Wazoo: Basswise I'll take whatever I like. mostly wonkey fretted ones and an Ashdown Drophead 30
32. sockdeluxe_mikey: Lakland 44-01 and possibly one or two others, Markbass SA450 and Barefaced Compact.
33. Arco: Yamaha SLB 100, Precision, Markbass CMD121P plus anything else I acquire before then....
34. Thestick[indent=1]35. Low End Bee:[/indent][indent=1]36. Walbassist:[/indent][indent=1]37. bassmanady: Shecter Diamond series Elite 5 string & Sei Flam 5 string[/indent][indent=1]38. alexclaber: trusty RIM Custom 5, a barefaced cab or two plus a drummist![/indent][indent=1]39. vintage ben: 1967 Jazz Bass, Sadowsky NYC P Bass, Aguilar TH500, Barefaced Compact (assuming all goes to plan).[/indent][indent=1]40. Hamster: mostly tea, coffee & cakes![/indent][indent=1]41. jhk: Yamaha TRB 5 & 6 plus RBX 775, stingray 5, GB spitfire 5, Eden Metro[/indent][indent=1]42. chimike: various amps, pre-amps…[/indent]
[/quote]
plus probably the Nova Dynamics compressor (51m0n...got a mo? :) )

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1316475799' post='1378679']

Sorry to hear that Mike! Hope all goes well and see you next year...
[/quote]

Aye it's annoying - I could stand around chatting about music and or bass all day especially with so many likeminded people but life and music sometimes have to come first, I've got 4 quite important gigs coming up and reheasing on Saturday is the one chance we have before the first gig on Monday night - so doing, rather than talking about bass is the order of the day I'm afraid - see you next year I hope

Mike

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1316039006' post='1373909']
I would like to see some more action in the Jam Room this year, we had great fun last year, but only five of you made it in. Bad signposting If you want to see how a bass stacks up against drums and guitar, the Jam Room is the place. Paul is a seriously great drummer and you can show off your odd meter skillz in there with me and him, or have a nice easy going jam in A major. Whatever. It's all lovely in the Jam Room and there's never a reason to be scared.

[/quote]

I'd love to have a go at jamming with an Actual Drummer, but seriously am a bit scared. So thanks for re-asurring us that it's all lovely! :)

Looking forward to it! :)

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1316515028' post='1378948']

I'd love to have a go at jamming with an Actual Drummer, but seriously am a bit scared. So thanks for re-asurring us that it's all lovely! :)

Looking forward to it! :)
[/quote]
Seriously, there is nothing to be scared about, we all started somewhere. Paul is a really lovely guy, and last year the 5 people jamming were at all levels of experience and ability. One thing this is so good for is getting some experience playing bass with drums and another instrument to provide some harmony, that means you can chug away playing simple things but sound like a band, it's such a great feeling being part of that. After you get over any initial nerves, I can almost guarantee you'll have so much fun!

Get in the Jam Room, say hello to me and Paul, and we'll support you all the way :)

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1316517951' post='1379001']

Nige will be the one dressed as Mrs Slocombe, I'm not sure but I suspect Paul will be (Miss) Brahms all day...
[/quote]

Well you won't be able to miss me as it looks as though I might be the only female there! Perhaps I ought to dress up as Mr Humphries! :)

Thanks for your re-assuring words, guys.

[quote name='urb' timestamp='1316509712' post='1378866']

Aye it's annoying - I could stand around chatting about music and or bass all day especially with so many likeminded people but life and music sometimes have to come first, I've got 4 quite important gigs coming up and reheasing on Saturday is the one chance we have before the first gig on Monday night - so doing, rather than talking about bass is the order of the day I'm afraid - see you next year I hope

Mike
[/quote]

Ah thats a shame man, was looking forward to your class :)
Will definitely have come in and catch a gig/get a coffee with you soon

Si

[quote name='mcgraham' timestamp='1316512772' post='1378907']
I've also got another friend coming along for the ride. They're not a BC forum user so not sure what you want to do about adding to the list.
[/quote]
No worries - just everyone's welcome, we can add them to the list now or just leave it until Saturday.

Definitely agree we need to see more stuff happening in the Jam Room! nig; will you have a bass rig in there or do you need me to bring something?

Agreed - it's real shame about urb not being there but we still have 3 or 4 workshops, which I'm just waiting to confirm timings on. Soon as I have that info, I'llpost them up later.

[quote name='Stickman' timestamp='1316526680' post='1379192']
I'm a little late to the party on this, any car spaces from London still available?

If I make it I guess I could bring the Stick if anyone is interested (will depend on whether I've had time to swap out a broken volume pot though).
[/quote]
Dude, I wish there was room in the MX-5 :)

Actually, it might be possible mate. I'm only bringing the Status, the POD and a guitar and I can get stuff behind the seats and in the boot. I reckon I'll be able to squeeze you in but you won't be able to bring any gear. I'll be leaving about 10am and can pick you up in Ealing if you like.

Also, I need to leave at 4pm.

Edited by silddx

I coming with a couple of friends who are also BCers..we're coming from Hatfield and there may be a spare seat if anybody wants a lift..

I was thinking of bringing my fretless Veillette Citron for others to try - be good to have somebody play it who knows what they're doing..might give it a better chance of selling on here too..

[attachment=89826:fretles VC2.JPG]

[attachment=89827:fretless VC1.JPG]

I don't recall what workshop urb would've been doing, but if it was to look at technique then I'd be happy to stand in in his absence... provided people were interested? I can look at 2 finger technique, the different variations thereof as well as what works and why. I can also go over the 4 finger Matt Garrison technique, slap/double thumb, left hand technique, harmonics (artificial and natural), muting, ergonomics, etc. I'd be happy to spend some time on explaining the above but also leave room for Q&A and looking at specific difficulties that people might have... a trouble-shooting clinic if you like? Music theory is also possible, but it depends what people want as it's quite a diverse topic and sometimes a bit drier than looking at more interesting techniques... though I like to think those I've taught find my teaching fun and accessible!

I've messaged silverfoxnik about this but thought I'd add it on here in the event anyone is interested.

Edited by mcgraham

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1316468286' post='1378570']
OBBM - If you have another standard power cable for a pedal board, standard female to female, (power block to pedal) say 8 inches, right angle if possible?
I'm also wanting to redo my patch cables on my pedal board, but i'd preferably want little connectors similar to George L style ones?! Guessing you don't have anything like that?!

Cheers
Si
[/quote]

Will sort that for you Si. BTW Tom G says Hi.

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1316476262' post='1378683']
Hi Dave

Are you bringing along a selection of cables or only stuff that's been specially ordered?

Nik
[/quote]

A bit of both Nik. I've got some "used-twice" Klotz speaker cables plus a few other bits.