Why become a member? ×

Fave Female Bassists

pickle

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='1269988' date='Jun 15 2011, 01:00 PM']Sean Ysuelt (ex-White Zombie) takes me back to my formative years, great bass playing and I had a major teenage crush on her too :lol: weird when you find out your teenage crushes are now in their mid-late 40s, though :)[/quote]

Oh.. and a big +1 to this. :)

[quote name='Linus27' post='1270033' date='Jun 15 2011, 01:19 PM']Mine would be Amanda Tannen. No idea what her playing is like but I like the look of her :)

[/quote]
+1 For the mention of Stellastarr*'s fabulous 4 stringer. (Saw them 3 times in between 2003 & 2004. Trust me Linus, she's a good player & a good singer too!)

Kim Deal(obviously), Kim Gordon & Tina Weymouth need no introduction, but I'll +1 the props they've had anyway.

Have to mention Jenny Lee Lindberg from Warpaint again, largely because she's gorgeous AND is she's one of the best bass players about right now full stop! Emma Richardson from Band of Skulls is also more than worth a mention!(She sings & plays guitar too.)

I don't think my fave female Bass Player actually plays Bass anymore. As a musician, she was awesome - brilliant playing and singing voice too. Though if we're going on looks alone - yeah, very attractive, pretty lady!

[quote name='TommyK' post='1270273' date='Jun 15 2011, 03:56 PM']Who is the girl with the blonde dreads who plays for Beyonce?? She is brilliant.

Edit:
She is Divinity Roxx. Google was my friend!! :)[/quote]

WoW, she's not too shabby. For blonde dreaded female bass players, I think pink had a rather fine one too.

And 73Jazz - debra killings looked pretty damn fine too

Any of you lot seen LUV play (unsigned UK-based band I think), their bass player is pretty damn fine...I sure hope she doesn't use this forum/recognise my bass in my avatar :)

[quote name='TheRev' post='1269854' date='Jun 15 2011, 11:31 AM']Gail Ann Dorsey

[/quote]

Enjoyed that! Is it the Reality tour? I saw them in Birmingham on that tour - it happened to be Gail's birthday IIRC as Bowie presented her with a cake complete with candles :)