Why become a member? ×

Tonight

theplumber

Cover's gig in a pub in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire.

Trying to motivate myself by supping a cuppa and doing a bit of browsing. Been a couple of months since the last gig so I've gotta get together all my gear and then pack the car. The bit I hate the most, apart from the unload late tonight.

Hey ho though, onwards and upwards!

T

I'm at the George IV on Chiswick High Road with Gentleman Tim & The Contenders, one of our regular monthly gigs.

Any Basschatters who come, please make yourself known! It would be good to meet you.

To those also gigging tonight, I wish you all large appreciative crowds and (most of all) good drummers!

A wedding at The Baltic Exchange on Newcastle Quayside. Just got home from the soundcheck - we're not on until 11, so I don't have to go back until 10:30pm. Should be fun.

[url="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8536388&l=afe9b72009&id=690966321"]Here's a pic of the room.[/url]

The Fountain, South St, Chichester.

Normally a good one, but it's been a while and I am currently cabless so will be running
[list]
[*]G&L L2500
[*]Radio
[*]EBS Microbass II
[*]PA
[*]Monitor as my bass amp
[/list]

Well it's different :)

I've just spent the week playing bass for a production of Boogie Nights. Bloody cheesy show and the scores were piss poor, but I've had epic fun doing it :) Just got in from the aftershow party. Unloading my gear at this time wasn't fun :)

[quote name='gjones' post='1231209' date='May 14 2011, 06:29 PM']Falkirk to Oban is a long, long way to go for one gig (there's a song in there somewhere?).[/quote]
Lack of decent paying gigs in Central Scotland forces us to look further afield...it is a hobby band and we have full time jobs.I recently played with a band in Rockers,Glasgow. We were handed £15 between 5 of us for an hours set! I played a jam nite in Coatbridge for about 9 months. Every Thursday I played in the house band for a pint of lager!...it has since changed and the players get about £15 each to cover fuel etc....We get £300 to play in Oban,travel in the drummers van and give him fuel money off the gig fee.The rest is split 4 ways.It seems most pubs round this way...if they decide to have any live music that is,pay about £130 to £150 for a band. Our singer has decided that even though we would be about 30 minutes tops away from home,he will not do anything for at least £50 a head.....fair enough,he owns the pa and upgrades it now and again,taking nothing from the band,I can see his point. I on the other hand would play for free!.......within reason!!.....but yeah,the gigs are starting to wear me out a bit......25 years ago this was a laugh...but to drag my 50 year old arse up to Oban and Skye every few weeks is wearing a bit thin....that and the lack off new songs being added to the set will mean that I will be looking around in the near future for something else!