Why become a member? ×

Hartke Kilo news!!

ern500evo

[quote name='andy67' post='1205079' date='Apr 19 2011, 06:50 PM']Yes he said that about April too.

The reps state that these will be available here in October, hoping for August but unlikely.

Still, give me more time to save up - can't wait![/quote]
They better be awesome considering how long it's been!! Still i suppose it's better that they iron out any teething problems before we get our hands on them. I still find it unbelievable that several online stores will actually take your order and your hard earned cash when they have absolutely no idea when they can fulfill the order!!

[quote name='ern500evo' post='1205820' date='Apr 20 2011, 01:40 PM']They better be awesome considering how long it's been!! Still i suppose it's better that they iron out any teething problems before we get our hands on them. I still find it unbelievable that several online stores will actually take your order and your hard earned cash when they have absolutely no idea when they can fulfill the order!![/quote]

I didnt think that was legal? My understanding was, unless something boutique or custom, the seller could only charge the card once the order was in the post to you, not prior. Something to do with postal rule and distance selling again.

Sorry, not related to the Kilo and not meaning to derail, just querying now for my own peace of mind on such matters.

I really need to try out a hartke as I've never had any experience with them. Closest I came was about 8 years ago or so when I was looking for an amp and the guy on Denmark street said "dont bother with them, they're crap. Try anything else other than them. Go over the road and see what they've got". I was younger and a hell of a lot less confident and knowledgable on gear (not that I know much now), so just dismissed them. I'm very disappointed now in hindsight.

You`re right, the card shouldn`t actually be charged until the item is sent, however am sure there are some places that rely on people not being aware of this.

Shame that guy gave his "advice" on Hartke. I had a great Hartke rig a few years ago, only got rid as I wanted Marshall - well I was in a hard rock band! But, it was great sounding, very versatile, and plenty loud.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1205873' date='Apr 20 2011, 02:23 PM']You`re right, the card shouldn`t actually be charged until the item is sent, however am sure there are some places that rely on people not being aware of this.

[i][b]Shame that guy gave his "advice" on Hartke.[/b][/i] I had a great Hartke rig a few years ago, only got rid as I wanted Marshall - well I was in a hard rock band! But, it was great sounding, very versatile, and plenty loud.[/quote]

Yep a real pity!

My feelings: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132086"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=132086[/url]

andy

[quote name='Salt on your Bass?' post='1205861' date='Apr 20 2011, 02:16 PM']I didnt think that was legal? My understanding was, unless something boutique or custom, the seller could only charge the card once the order was in the post to you, not prior. Something to do with postal rule and distance selling again.

Sorry, not related to the Kilo and not meaning to derail, just querying now for my own peace of mind on such matters.

I really need to try out a hartke as I've never had any experience with them. Closest I came was about 8 years ago or so when I was looking for an amp and the guy on Denmark street said "dont bother with them, they're crap. Try anything else other than them. Go over the road and see what they've got". I was younger and a hell of a lot less confident and knowledgable on gear (not that I know much now), so just dismissed them. I'm very disappointed now in hindsight.[/quote]
Oh i didn't know that, you learn something new every day! At no point during their order process does it tell you that, and the fact it states "Usually dispatched in 3-12 days" alongside an amp they have no idea when they can get, is still pretty misleading. I've never owned or even used a Hartke before, i just saw an ad for the Kilo and thought it looked like a decent amp with some good features, be interesting to see/hear how it stacks up against the likes of the GK Fusion 550, the Laney Nexus Fet and some of the hybrid Ampegs.

• 5 months later...

About 3 years ago when this was announced, I was well up for it. However, after ludicrous delays in which they apparently tried to make it lighter and change the front panel in the most insignificant way imaginable, here it is. I've lost interest completely. I appreciate things take time to get right, but the fact that it's taken so long is laughable in the extreme. The fact that every time someone asks about it, it's May/June/July/August/September 2009. Then it'll definitely be out!! Yeah, right. No manual online, not even a picture of the back panel.

I think this has been handled badly and probably quite a few people have probably went elsewhere. If it wasn't ready when they announced it, why announce it?

Don't get me wrong, I love Hartke stuff. It's great. I'm sure that the Kilo will probably be on a par (if not better) than the comparible Trace Elliot model. Just give a reasonable idea of when stuff is going be ready and string your customers along for nigh on 3 years..

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1319129830' post='1410398']
It's ready?

I'm going to have to try it now! - but the 2 most important questions...

1) What is the weight of the thing?
2) What is the input impedence?
[/quote]
Weight is about 14kg i think, and according to one of the very few youtube clips you can find it goes down to 2ohm. I couldn't wait any longer for it to be released so went out and bought a Warwick Tubepath instead, and now less than 2 months later the Kilo is in UK stores!! :)

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1319212552' post='1411449']
HartkeUK haven't answered on here, and emails to Larry & posts on his facebook haven't had a reply either.

That is not like them at all.

I am really enjoying my LH500 but if I can get my drive and stuff in 1 head...
[/quote]

It's the Hartke Bass Attack pedal built into the head isn't it? It's not a full on distortion? Is it the exact same circuit as the bass attack or is it missing the EQ in favour of the heads overall EQ?

Hey Rik! Great to have ya over yesterday! - Yeah, we ran out of time! - but yes, you were there when the courier delivered the mighty beast to the door! So far, in AB tests with my usual rig, I have to say I am very impressed! - It's always easy to get excited over new toys and the 'newer has to be the better' etc - but the added functionality and options of the Kilo are certainly giving me lots of ideas! I'll do some proper pictures later on and then maybe next week I'll put a full review together when I have a bit more time. It's getting a fair amount of attention on my FB pages :)