Why become a member? ×

Mary J Blige playin bass.. on a

bubinga5

One of the (imo) best soul singers of our time is/has been pickin up the bass.. shes chosen Ritter i believe..ive heard shes practicing on a Fender jazz...cummon, what else... i just love the fact that an artist like that is learning on a good ole Jazz bass

i cant wait to see what shes got comin...

She's using a Ritter Cora apparently:

From Jens Ritter himself:

“Last July Superstar Mary J Blige felt in love with my CORA 5-String Bass. She immediately custom ordered one and I delivered it to her recently. Now she’s an official new JENS RITTER INSTRUMENTS Player! STANDARD CUSTOMER – No Endorser! The additional cool news is: She started to take Bass Lessons because of the Cora!”

I hear the Cora is the most 'jazz-like' of Jens' basses - I really like the look of these, would love to try one out!

[quote name='molan' post='1201633' date='Apr 16 2011, 10:38 AM']She's using a Ritter Cora apparently:

From Jens Ritter himself:

“Last July Superstar Mary J Blige felt in love with my CORA 5-String Bass. She immediately custom ordered one and I delivered it to her recently. Now she’s an official new JENS RITTER INSTRUMENTS Player! STANDARD CUSTOMER – No Endorser! The additional cool news is: She started to take Bass Lessons because of the Cora!”

I hear the Cora is the most 'jazz-like' of Jens' basses - I really like the look of these, would love to try one out![/quote]
i gotta feeling Barrie's gassing for a Ritter!? i myself would love to play a Cora.. love them..

Edited by bubinga5

[s]Paul Geary won't be happy! haha. :)[/s]

Beaten to it.

But still, imagine the shame Paul would get if he was fobbed of because she wanted to play all the live gigs on bass herself? :)

Edited by TomKent

[quote name='TomKent' post='1202488' date='Apr 17 2011, 11:28 AM']But still, imagine the shame Paul would get if he was fobbed of because she wanted to play all the live gigs on bass herself? :)[/quote]

But imagine the grin on his face when she realises that she's rubbish and has to beg him to come back... Pay-rise Paul?! :)

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1204066' date='Apr 18 2011, 08:09 PM']I seriously worry about your sight sometimes.[/quote]

haha, god bless Wayne, Basschat's top bullshit detector :)

(not calling the OP a bullsh*tt*r btw, just enjoying Wayne's disdain for coffee tables and bling)

Edited by bremen