Why become a member? ×

Best living room amp?

Thunderpaws

[quote name='Thunderpaws' post='1199523' date='Apr 14 2011, 03:33 PM']Had a thought. I already have a combo for lugging around but it's too big to leave in the living room.

What combo would be best to leave behind the sofa in the living room to squeeze in a bit of practise when the wife is out and I just want to sit on the sofa and play?

g[/quote]
There's someone selling an Eden Nemesis N8 that would do nicely I think: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=123229"]It's here.[/url]

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' post='1199532' date='Apr 14 2011, 03:42 PM']There's someone selling an Eden Nemesis N8 that would do nicely I think: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=123229"]It's here.[/url][/quote]

thanks for the link. Very interesting, though I think the fuel would cost more than the amp!

Maybe the battery Roland Micro Cube.

[url="http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=940"]http://www.rolandus.com/products/productde...p?ProductId=940[/url]

Quite a nice bass amp, even has a bunch of built in drum rhythms to jam to, with their own volume control.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1199551' date='Apr 14 2011, 04:01 PM']This is what I use (for some gigs, too..!). Headphone & AUX inputs, too.

[/quote]

+1,000,000!
It's amazing to have something that is compact enough to keep it in the living room yet still be able to use for gigs!

Eude

I use a Roland Bass Microcube at home. Without paying PJB or Markbass price, it does the job amazingly, even with a 5-string. Amp modelling, effects (the octaver and touch wah are brilliant), compression, built-in tuner and drum machine, and can be battery operated.

Unbeatable for the price IMO.

coincidentally, i've just been looking for a wee practise amp myself.

the wife has threatened to buy one for me, as she's fed up with me playing too loud. :)

i checked out this forum, searched for 'practise amps' and saw the Orange 25w bass amp, looks sweet.

mind you. that promethean looks good too..

further research needed.

Probably depends on power wanted/needed etc, but I use a Marshall MB15 and have never been able to put it on more than 2, for fear of being anti-social to my neighbours. Has two channels - modern & classic, the classic having a gain control to make it more tubey. Also has a compressor on it. Great little amp, and some nice sounds, especially from the classic channel.

I also liked the Fender Rumble equivalent, when looking at practice amps, and Ampeg curently have a 25 watt practice amp, with 8 inch speaker, for about £100 which I`m trying very hard to resist at the moment. Theres also a 35 watt 10 inch version of the same amp, which is £190ish.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='johnDeereJack' post='1199767' date='Apr 14 2011, 06:57 PM']+1 for Pete Academy's Roland Micro Cube RX.

I've had one for a while now and they're cracking little amps with loads of cool features and effects.[/quote]
..after just watching the demo, i think i'm sold on that one, the metronome and other features make it the right choice for me.

just means i'll have to pay half..oh well.. :)

Another Roland Micro Cube RX user :) Not had it long bought from sales on here for £1ton, still getting used to the Efx & Rythm guide. Amp modeling gives some variety, I'd say very capable for a small box. Bought for exactly the same reason as OP - something to put out the way in the living room so it's easy to play along with TV or whatever, + it works on batteries! So out in the garden or in the back of the car, could even bring a new dimension to those 'meeting in a car park' sales/exchanges - test on site - wherever!

Cheerz, John

[quote name='eude' post='1199576' date='Apr 14 2011, 04:32 PM']+1,000,000!
It's amazing to have something that is compact enough to keep it in the living room yet still be able to use for gigs!

Eude[/quote]

GAS!

Just read some reviews...seems quite amazing. I am having trouble with the Ampeg BA115 which is about to be repaired. Might sell it once it has been.