Why become a member? ×

When you hit 40!

uke

[quote name='cetera' post='1162880' date='Mar 15 2011, 11:11 AM']....the daughters will ALWAYS be more interesting than their Mums....[/quote]
OK, I admit that was too much of a generalisation, but have you driven past Oceana and the Worx lately?

[quote name='chris_b' post='1162997' date='Mar 15 2011, 12:57 PM']OK, I admit that was too much of a generalisation, but have you driven past Oceana and the Worx lately?[/quote]

Not lately, but I'll try to get caught on the Kingston one-way system at the earliest opportunity! :) :)

I'm 47 now.
No beer belly, still got all my own teeth, hair and joints :).
I keep myself fit and everything still works the same way it did when I was 20.

Gear wise, I got to a sensible level of quality (for me at least) when I was in my mid 20's and have just maintained that level over the years.

Just starting to go a bit grey now, but that gives me an air of authority when I'm doing something really stupid. :)

Turning 43 this year. The main difference is that one of the first questions I ask about a new gig venue these days is "It's not an upstairs room is it?" I still love the whole gigging experience, its just that the body takes a lot longer to recover these days. :) :)

Edited by gazhowe

53 and counting,you young chaps will learn that age is a wonderful thing
you can say and do things you would not dream of in you 20s and 30s
thats if you can remember what you were on about in the first place
oh thats another thing,

what

who

hello

ten past five

alz what

oh bugger

ha only kidding

cheers
stef

me nah sorry officer

[quote name='gazhowe' post='1163570' date='Mar 15 2011, 07:45 PM'].... The main difference is that one of the first questions I ask about a new gig venue these days is "It's not an upstairs room is it?"[/quote]

Yeah, thats me too.

Hit 42 about a month ago. I can have the best of both follicle worlds; balding & grey! :)
However, been shaving my head down to a zero for last twenty years, so most people haven't a clue.

Personally OK with getting old. Despite having bit less stamina, bad recovery rate & sometimes feeling a bit achey - I'm at least not making the same stupid, sometimes painful mistakes that I used to do. :)

Edited by nick

[quote name='uke' post='1162608' date='Mar 15 2011, 12:11 AM']See when you hit 40, get a bit bald, or grey and undoubtedly the bass man gut! how unfair is it that you can now afford all those toys you could only dream of when you were 21! you went off the radar a wee bit when the kids came along and now you find yourself playing "Free" songs with a few numpties a lot less talented than you!
At least we can take solace in that we have the best gear available, and have like minded friends on here!

Rant over :) It's good to talk :lol:[/quote]

You're as old as the woman you feel. :)

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='1162622' date='Mar 15 2011, 12:56 AM']When i hit 40, i still had very long hair no grey and no bass man gut! It's unfair now that im 49,32 yr old wife,3 kids under12 and a Harley,still no bassman gut,cant now afford all the toys i had when i was 40,or anything really! Im off the radar kids came along and still love playing "Free" songs .And im going grey/bald.And im joining a band of much less tallented numpties soon.

I think i might have f****d up,but i give less of a toss about it now than i did then. :lol: :) :)[/quote]
Your life actually sounds quite balanced apart from owning a Harley.