Why become a member? ×

I'm in love with my new bass tones !!

xilddx

[quote name='silddx' post='1147155' date='Mar 2 2011, 02:32 PM']And you can use the gap in the neck socket as a money clip, if you've got any left after the extra £600 for the [u]slightly better finish[/u]*.

*citation needed[/quote]

Well, I never buy new so my MIA Precision was £600 and my Jap one was £400 so only a small gap is needed :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1146624' date='Mar 2 2011, 12:16 AM']I tell you what lads, it feels like sitting in front of a roaring log fire you built yourself from cherry wood, sipping a glass of the finest warm, rich and smoky single malt, and telling your queen you caught a 68lb common carp of the Donald Leney strain from Redmire Pool today, while she smiles at you with deep, lustrous shining eyes.

That's what it feels like.[/quote]

Do you know what! im happy for you :) thats got to be the best description of a bass tone feeling ever, and listening to your clips it does sound gorgeous!! i'll hopefully be putting an east pre and black beauties on my JV jazz next month.
Many congratulations- does this mean an end to GAS :)

Edited by lee650

[quote name='lee650' post='1149284' date='Mar 4 2011, 10:23 AM']Do you know what! im happy for you :lol: thats got to be the best description of a bass tone feeling ever, and listening to your clips it does sound gorgeous!! i'll hopefully be putting an east pre and black beauties on my JV jazz next month.
Many congratulations- does this mean an end to GAS :)[/quote]
Thanks man :D

It really is the only bass I want to play, at the moment :)

Impressive tone and nice mellow little clip. Enjoyed it. Give us more. :)

Honestly didn't think it would make that much of a differance.

I have a jazz and it doesn't sound that sweet and clear.

Now worth having a look at East kit.

Thanks for the clip

cheers
Dave
:)

I quite like the tone in the soundclip having downloaded & listened. More importantly it's great if you find just how you want to sound.

I'm sure if I posted my tone at least 75% of you would hate it & think I was stuck in the Stone Age. At least 10% of you wouldwant to marry me though :)

I don`t know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn`t the tone I heard.

Am very surprised that has come from a Jazz - much mellower and mid present than I would have thought a Jazz would put out (from my limited experiences with Jazzes). Maybe that was the East doing that?

Glad you`ve got the tone you want, I`m still going through that elusive tone search. I`m nearly there, have had it, but with gear that I can`t lift, so trying new lightweight options, so am glad when anyone gets exactly what they`re after.

[quote name='allihts' post='1147312' date='Mar 2 2011, 04:23 PM']Quite excited to hear the samples, I was thinking about a P-retro for my Squier (already upgraded the pickup to a Duncan SPB-2) but not too sure if I need one/can justify spending more than I payed for the bass on a preamp.[/quote]

If you really like how the bass plays and sounds... then *YES*. :)
Don't do it if you hope it'll transform a meh bass into a great one, but if you already like what you have (regardless of the price or headstock label), then do it, and buy some anti-wrinkle cream, because you won't stop grinning :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1146609' date='Mar 1 2011, 07:03 PM']I now have the most sumptuous, gorgeous, utterly lovely tones from my bass !! I can't tell you how beautiful it feels to want to play every note to its maximum effect. It's making me play differently, more sensitively, more simply. Everything I play feels like what I remember it being like on a lovely mushy trip in the 1980s (probably a bad thing to say, sorry!). I take delight in the simplest things, a simple octave, a grace note, a ghost, a tinkling of harmonics, a simple accent. It's wonderful, like fireworks going off in my head, to paraphrase Blue Oyster Cult. Coupled with the beautiful neck on my new Fender Jap Jazz, I could not be happier!

For the first time, I feel like it's a true reflection of me.

The chain ..

Fender Japan 62RI Jazz, CAR with matched headstock, rosewood dot slab board, American Vintage pickups, Badass II, East J-Retro 01, DR Strings Black Beauties.

POD X3 LIVE - amp model Acoustic 360 with a highish gain setting and the high mids up full, a little compression, a little basic digital chorus.

Want some clips? Give me a few days to get that sorted.

[attachment=73814:01_Track_1.mp3]

28 downloads and one nice comment. I guess most people think my tone is sh*t then :) Seriously all comments are welcome, even if you do think my sound is a pile of poo.[/quote]

I know that tone! I have it stored on my laptop using my Squire P Bass with '62 Fender Pups run through my Line 6 Pod Farm amp modeling software and Toneport GX. I call it my "William Ackerman" tone 'cause it reminds me of his music :lol: I love it too! Nice job finding the one you love :)

[quote name='skej21' post='1150745' date='Mar 5 2011, 05:36 PM']Mate, that sounds really nice. I particularly like the way the harmonics match the full sound, there's a lot of presence![/quote]

Matt
Checked out your website and that's a really nice sound you have too.
Nice style and technique on the samples.
Liked it.

Cheers
Dave
:)

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1151236' date='Mar 6 2011, 10:31 AM']Matt
Checked out your website and that's a really nice sound you have too.
Nice style and technique on the samples.
Liked it.

Cheers
Dave
:)[/quote]

Cheers Dave :lol:

*whispers due to hi-jacking a Jazz bass thread* Those recordings were done on a P bass though! :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1146609' date='Mar 2 2011, 12:03 AM']I now have the most sumptuous, gorgeous, utterly lovely tones from my bass !! I can't tell you how beautiful it feels to want to play every note to its maximum effect. It's making me play differently, more sensitively, more simply. Everything I play feels like what I remember it being like on a lovely mushy trip in the 1980s (probably a bad thing to say, sorry!). I take delight in the simplest things, a simple octave, a grace note, a ghost, a tinkling of harmonics, a simple accent. It's wonderful, like fireworks going off in my head, to paraphrase Blue Oyster Cult. Coupled with the beautiful neck on my new Fender Jap Jazz, I could not be happier!

For the first time, I feel like it's a true reflection of me.

The chain ..

Fender Japan 62RI Jazz, CAR with matched headstock, rosewood dot slab board, American Vintage pickups, Badass II, East J-Retro 01, DR Strings Black Beauties.

POD X3 LIVE - amp model Acoustic 360 with a highish gain setting and the high mids up full, a little compression, a little basic digital chorus.

Want some clips? Give me a few days to get that sorted.

[attachment=73814:01_Track_1.mp3]

28 downloads and one nice comment. I guess most people think my tone is sh*t then :) Seriously all comments are welcome, even if you do think my sound is a pile of poo.[/quote]

nice sounds, sounds like you want a valve amp though!

Yes, I'm a happy bunny with my new (preloved) CIJ 62 RI as well. For the price - £380 - it's a cracker. I've kept the Fender strings it came with on it because it sounds so good but will soon try out a set of DR Hi-Beams. The neck is almost as slim as my Geddy Lee and it's very easy to play and ooozes quality. I have to say, I've really liked every Jazz I've ever owned (even the bog standard Indonesian Squier that cost me £95) as they all had their own individual qualities. But because of the combination of sound and playability this one is probably the best of the lot.

I think you may be well and truly converted to 'The way of the Jazz' as well now. Long may the love affair continue.

• 2 weeks later...