Why become a member? ×

Secondhand Warwick Prices - Wtf Is Going On??

xilddx

Must admit i tried a few Fenders while checking out amps, The ironic thing was I still prefer the feel of the Warwick over and above Fenders.

At the end of the day its your choice, but i would say stick it out with the Warwick rather than head off to Fender.

As Machine head said they are fantastic instruments

Edited by bozzie

[quote name='onkel_kasten' post='1107031' date='Jan 29 2011, 10:27 AM']I bought my Stage I from '92 for 350€ incl. a tank-like flightcase in december. Great bass, great deal.

I think today warwicks don't come even close to the quality of the old days, check out the picture I made this week in a local shop:[/quote]

Wow, that is some pretty serious delamination.

Well, mine are both now on hold for BCers. I will still have my Electra build with the Warwick neck.

I am swapping two active German Corvettes, a $$ and a Standard Ash fretless for one of these [url="http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/jb66b.html"]http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/jb66b.html[/url]

Yes, maybe I am mad, but I will stop at nothing to get it!

You will probably see it in a for sale thread in six months :)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1104639' date='Jan 27 2011, 12:53 AM']I remember how popular Warwick used to be, I saw a photo of Sound Control Manchester that machines took with his phone years ago, it was wall-to-wall with Warwicks![/quote]
Just been through several hundred pics from 2005/6 and alas cannot find it, oh well.

[quote name='silddx' post='1107396' date='Jan 29 2011, 05:30 PM']Well, mine are both now on hold for BCers. I will still have my Electra build with the Warwick neck.

I am swapping two active German Corvettes, a $$ and a Standard Ash fretless for one of these [url="http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/jb66b.html"]http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/jb66b.html[/url]

You will probably see it in a for sale thread in six months :)[/quote]

Enjoy Nige, I have the '75 Japanese non export RI and love it to death.
Mind, always liked the short lived Fortress Flashback :) .
Karl.

i know i am a bit off topic but having recently used a Warwick for the first ever time over the last few months which has been kindly lend to me by my friend on here "Amnesia", i felt i wanted to say that i used to hate them with a passion as i was a Spector fanboi and nothing would change my mind.

After using his 1994 Streamer LX 4 string for a good few rehearsals and gigs i love it. Nice n light, one of the best necks i have played (very narrow at the top, kinda reminded me of an old Gibson SG) and in passive mode it gives a Fender a good run for its money in grunt.

I still dont like the active circuit on any of them as its just not the sound i like, its too Hi Fi and modern but if i had looked into their range a little more before ordering my Sandberg i am still waiting for, i could have easily been swayed into buying one if it had a more varied passive EQ.

Its a shame these quality instruments are suffering at the moment in value as the few i have played have all been top quality and real keepers in my eyes.

I think it was Nu Metal that killed em! lol, every idiot in baggy jeans and dreadlocks owned one! lol.

I hope the market picks up again for them as they are totally worth paying for. (apart from that crappy one with the split headstock!!!)

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1103243' date='Jan 26 2011, 10:08 AM']I think aesthetics are very important to many people. I have no doubt they are great instruments, and beautiful to many. Personally, however, I don't like the look of 'modern' looking basses (except for a perverse attraction towards the Pedulla Buzz). The only Warwicks I've seen that I like the look of are the Star and the Jack Bruce EB3 one, and even then I'd prefer the Gibson versions.
I know it's illogical to choose form over function, but that's human nature sometimes.

edit: remembered another one I like - the Fortress Flashback[/quote]
+1 i once played at corvette bubinga, sounded great!
But i couldent help but think that the upper horn was going to poke me in the eye. The only warwick i like the look of is the corvette nt $$ ltd, lovely woods.

[quote name='silddx' post='1107396' date='Jan 29 2011, 05:30 PM']Well, mine are both now on hold for BCers. I will still have my Electra build with the Warwick neck.

You will probably see it in a for sale thread in six months :)[/quote]

That Fender is totally gorgeous. Good move sir, truely beautiful.

• 2 months later...

All basses covered!

1997 Streamer LX VI from new...
2002 Infinity Sn4 from new...
1997 Fortress MM V from BigJim (recently) I've wanted a Fortress for ages.....

All German. All good!

And when I want retro;

2004 MIA s1 Jazz with an Ash body...
A MII Squier VMJ with a BadAss and FatBeams...

Don't sell. Just save and buy MORE!!!!

[quote name='silddx' post='1188341' date='Apr 4 2011, 09:14 PM']:) This is too funny!

See what I just posted in the Bass Guitars section. I want a Warwick again, and thinking of selling my red Jazz. I really miss my old Corvette $$.[/quote]
I've two Warwick's for sale... NT Streamers though (and one is a fretless :) )!

[quote name='silddx' post='1188497' date='Apr 4 2011, 11:20 PM']Ahh mate, that's great news! Thanks! :)[/quote]

I know it's not quite the same as what you're after, but I know someone selling a Warwick Corvette passive, ash red stained body, bought in about 2004/5 maybe at a guess. It's a cool bass, really punchy and has that lovely Warwick sound. If you're interested then let me know, I can see what he thinks about it :)

Edited by risingson

[quote name='fiatcoupe432' post='1188510' date='Apr 4 2011, 11:33 PM']sure you don't want this?
incredible instrument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Thanks man. But I'm not really a fan of burl ives and it has too many strings :) Sorry.