Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='1178102' date='Mar 27 2011, 11:35 AM']Can I play? :lol:

[attachment=75854:photo__1_.JPG] [attachment=75855:photo__2_.JPG]

:)[/quote]
the coulor is .............wow sexy :) oozes class!

Edited by danbowskill

Here's my sonic blue mongrel.
Sue Ryder body, Mighty Mite neck,Wizard 'Trad' pickup, cream pearloid scratchplate,Wilkinson tuners,CTS pots, PIO cap. Strung with some old 50-110 flats . :)

Edited by nick

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='nick' post='1185814' date='Apr 2 2011, 02:16 PM']Here's my sonic blue mongrel.
Sue Ryder body, Mighty Mite neck,Wizard 'Trad' pickup, cream pearloid scratchplate,Wilkinson tuners,CTS pots, PIO cap. Strung with some old 50-110 flats . :)

[/quote]

From that picture , your bass looks cool , very old skool :)

[quote name='rockape' post='1208263' date='Apr 22 2011, 01:28 PM']Hi all,

I just joined the forum, and would like to show of my first new P Bass.
I've owned a couple of used basses in the past, but this is my first new one, and what an amazing bass it is for the price![/quote]
Hey Rockape! Welcome to the forum. Thats a nice looking beast you have there, especially like the dark rosewood fretboard against the fiesta red. Great pics too

Thank you for all of your kind comments....... :)

I own a few of the six string variety, and while there is little on them to pick fault with, their bass brothers are (in my opinion) perfect from top to bottom.
Yes, I would have liked to have seen vintage style tuners (full size back plates....is that the right word?), but these work fine. I love the Jazz Bass too, even in white, but I would grab a sunburst if they made one.
I am a real sucker for fiesta red, but I am also paying homage to my late friend Jet Harris (of 'The Shadows' fame), who owned one very similar to this in 1962. He inspired me to take up the bass after watching him play his 'Nivram' solo.

I am a relative newbie to bass playing, but I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into this new beauty (though I do see a bad case of Bass GAS heading my way).

:)

[quote name='rockape' post='1208587' date='Apr 22 2011, 07:45 PM']Thank you for all of your kind comments....... :)

I own a few of the six string variety, and while there is little on them to pick fault with, their bass brothers are (in my opinion) perfect from top to bottom.
Yes, I would have liked to have seen vintage style tuners (full size back plates....is that the right word?), but these work fine. I love the Jazz Bass too, even in white, but I would grab a sunburst if they made one.
I am a real sucker for fiesta red, but I am also paying homage to my late friend Jet Harris (of 'The Shadows' fame), who owned one very similar to this in 1962. He inspired me to take up the bass after watching him play his 'Nivram' solo.

I am a relative newbie to bass playing, but I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into this new beauty (though I do see a bad case of Bass GAS heading my way).

:lol:[/quote]

And are/were you a Rock Ape? :)

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Clarky' post='1226148' date='May 10 2011, 01:32 PM']Love the yellowing of that 76P, discreet. Sounded pretty darn good too at the Jazz Cafe[/quote]

Thanks, Clarky. You can see the original oly white where the clear coating has worn away.
Apparently it's the degradation of the Poly finish over time that causes the yellowing.

[attachment=79941:002__2_.JPG][attachment=79940:017__2_.JPG][attachment=79938:009__2_.JPG][attachmen
t=79939:005__2_.JPG]

My latest P Bass.

Very pleased with this.

It started life as a Squier Affinity and came to me in a sad neglected state.

Now sporting new pups, neck plate, pickguard, bridge and proper size tuners.