Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='Mr Anthony' timestamp='1395508561' post='2403239']

Very pleased with how it has turned out, just need to get the paint sorted and shield the electronics cavity properly and it's finished.
[/quote]

I think that look ace as it is!

[quote name='Mr Anthony' timestamp='1395508561' post='2403239']
My, my there are some nice basses in here. Wow.

I've always wanted a '58 Precision, in white, with the gold pickguard. But they cost a lot, so I figured I'd put a bitsa together instead, because it'll be cheaper. All that's left to do is give it a refinish, and I'm done!

I went for some Quarter Pounder pickups, and a Babicz bridge, and oh my does it sound good.

I had better no post any more pictures of my blonde '57 reissue bass had I ;)

Very pleased with how it has turned out, just need to get the paint sorted and shield the electronics cavity properly and it's finished.
[/quote]

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1396664697' post='2416265']
I picked up this Am. Spl. Nitro Satin Precision today. It plays great.
[/quote]

It looks great as well. I'd love to find one of these. They were going for some bargain prices a while back. How does it sound compared to your US Std?

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1396702464' post='2416577']
It looks great as well. I'd love to find one of these. They were going for some bargain prices a while back. How does it sound compared to your US Std?
[/quote]

Thanks, I like the looks of it too. With the Alnico V pup, it sounds very similar to the Am. Std. Playability is very good also. I think I mentioned before, the Am. Spl. is a decent series bass. The early problems have been remedied, at least on the recent ones I've tried. The Am. Spl.'s are still a bit limited on fretboard combinations, to body finishes. Mine is, or was on sale for $200.00 less. I got a break. And I surely can't complain about the Alder body on it. Great sustain too.

Time to update my entry on this topic.

I finally got an ash body / maple board Precision to satisfy my woods of choice GAS. It's super light weight, about 7.5 lbs and sounds blooming huge!

Introducing my Custom Shop 1955 Relic Precision, Limited Edition and apparently 1 of 35 made.

[attachment=159622:P1060393.JPG]

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1396868814' post='2418089']
Time to update my entry on this topic.

I finally got an ash body / maple board Precision to satisfy my woods of choice GAS. It's super light weight, about 7.5 lbs and sounds blooming huge!

Introducing my Custom Shop 1955 Relic Precision, Limited Edition and apparently 1 of 35 made.

[attachment=159622:P1060393.JPG]
[/quote]

Would like to see a few more snaps of this beauty.

Here is my latest, a 1996 Japanese Precision. Not too much info on it, there is a Fender 50th anniversary sticker on the back - i don't know if it was a limited colour/run. It is strung with 50 - 100 Fender flats and weighs 8lbs 6. I love it! Really, really love it. Going to fit a tort PG and some covers, some new knobs, and it'll be perfect.

Thought i'd chuck in a picture of my beloved too - 2012 US Std. My only two basses now - don't think i'll ever want/need anything else... Just a fretless P... And an Oly White with tort guard...

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1397476496' post='2424214']
Here is my latest, a 1996 Japanese Precision. Not too much info on it, there is a Fender 50th anniversary sticker on the back - i don't know if it was a limited colour/run. It is strung with 50 - 100 Fender flats and weighs 8lbs 6. I love it! Really, really love it. Going to fit a tort PG and some covers, some new knobs, and it'll be perfect.

Thought i'd chuck in a picture of my beloved too - 2012 US Std. My only two basses now - don't think i'll ever want/need anything else... Just a fretless P... And an Oly White with tort guard...
[/quote]

That pink one is awesome!

Here's an old friend returned to the fold.

I sold this bass to a friend a few years ago as he wanted to learn to play bass, now he's getting serious about it he's upgraded himself to a Status the Precision's back with me.

It has a (I think) CV Jazz neck, a Seymour Duncan QP and a Gotoh bridge. Saw me through a gig in driving horizontal rain in Wales once - I unplugged at the end of the set and poured the water out of the input socket.

What a trooper :)

EDIT: This actually used to belong to Simon1964 - blimey, did I really buy it (first time round !) in 2009 ?

Been playing it lots this weekend. A P with a Jazz neck - superb !

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1397771989' post='2427380']
Another case of an old friend returning home. Not the best pic, but am so glad she`s back.

[attachment=160581:053.jpg]
[/quote]

Nice.

I had a black/maple precision years ago, which I still kick myself for.

Quite hard.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1397771989' post='2427380']
Another case of an old friend returning home. Not the best pic, but am so glad she`s back.

[attachment=160581:053.jpg]
[/quote]

Good to see your old friend is back. I've done that several times also.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1398081472' post='2430165']
That really is a lesson on how to make me green with envy Don. Fantastic collection there.
[/quote]

Thanks Lozz.
I really don't need them all, I just can't help myself.
They all sound a little different and give off different vibes when I pick them up.. must be an illness.

[quote name='jjscreeds' timestamp='1398107770' post='2430577']
just picked up this today, Its in a sage green metallic , I havnt seen many in this colour so i thought i would share it. [attachment=160836:DSC_0786#1.jpg][attachment=160837:DSC_0793.jpg]
[/quote]

I've got a Jazz in the same colour, don't think they did it for long.