Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

• 4 weeks later...

The precision is a parts bass so is not a proper fender although it hv a fender logo.

It have Seymour Duncan pickup and added the vintage pickup and bridge cover.

It plays and sound nice which to me play better then most MIM fender so I can't complain :)

It strung with flatwound for some thump and old school tone :)

Edited by badboy1984

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/russjm/2011-10-23083155_zpsa5b36018.jpg[/IMG]

Well this is where I've ended up....after years of Overwaters, Musicmans, Spectors, Roscoes etc etc etc.....5 strings, 6 strings etc etc......I'm back where I started all those years ago, with a Fender Precision.

Financial problems have forced me to sell all my gear, and I've ended up with just the Markbass, and this Classic 50s Precision, and I couldn't be happier. It's been a real cleansing exercise, a real eye opener, and it's made me realize how much time, effort, and cash I've wasted all these years.

Once I'm back on my feet, I'm sure I'll be buying more crap once again, but really......do you [i]really[/i] need anything more than a Precision and an amp???

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1350896023' post='1844657']
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/russjm/2011-10-23083155_zpsa5b36018.jpg[/

Once I'm back on my feet, I'm sure I'll be buying more crap once again, but really......do you [i]really[/i] need anything more than a Precision and an amp???
[/quote]

Yes two Precisions and an amp :) !
Nice bass by the way Russ.

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1350818058' post='1843714']
Here's my Precision bass:

[/quote]

That's pretty much identical to my MIM when I first got it, tortoiseshell plate, ashtrays and all. The ashtrays didn't last the day, and the tortoiseshell plate was replaced by a black one within weeks! I persevered with it for a while, but in the end it had to go! Lovely bass though, still got it!

[quote name='Deep Thought' timestamp='1351095928' post='1847313']
That's pretty much identical to my MIM when I first got it, tortoiseshell plate, ashtrays and all. The ashtrays didn't last the day, and the tortoiseshell plate was replaced by a black one within weeks! I persevered with it for a while, but in the end it had to go! Lovely bass though, still got it!
[/quote]

The scratch plate almost looks "alive" in your pictures....... i love it :gas:

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1344175039' post='1760679']
Ok then, here's my beloved bass. 2011 Fender American Standard Precision, all stock except the pickguard (genuine Fender replacement), the strap buttons (Dunlop Dual Design) and the strings (Elixir).

Currently saving for another of the same in black/maple.

[/quote]
I love this, just stunning