Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1344111718' post='1760063']
So that's 'Dave the P-bass' is it? Looks lovely :) & with your Jazz - what a nice pair - (tell me you're not to young for that P/F pun) :happy:

Well pleased you took the plunge & are loving it.

Cheerz, John
[/quote]

That's him ... Mr Gilmour. They are a fine pair, your comment is most appropriate. Glad you find them easy on the eye!

It will take me 3x as long to play everything now as I want to compare the differences in each of the basses. God help me when I have 27!

That is a gorgeous P bass Deb :) and deep down, you know the answer to everything taking three times as long is to just keep the P-bass and ditch everything else :D hehe. A P-bass really is all you need :)

When I eventually get round to getting a decent camera, (or more likely, when my girlfriend gets back, so I can borrow hers :P), I shall get some pics of my 2012 P-bass.

Ace Deb :-).

I got my Fender P out of its case today after 3 weeks and enjoyed it. You might need to tweak it a bit..mine wasn't set up right. I've had all sorts of issues with it, intonation off, pick ups too low, action far too high. Thought I had it ok but was getting some slapping on a fret ... So I had a tweak with the truss rod today ( buttocks clenched) and slackened it off a bit I think..anti clockwise a tad and it seems better now but what do I know
:-) trouble is my practice amp can't seem to cope with it..getting some popping .... It sounds soooo low.... My lottery funded Ashdown should be ok when it arrives...

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1344118223' post='1760178']
It won't be long before you find yourself wanting to sell your other basses and buy another Fender Precision :D maybe an American Standard next? Mmmm....
[/quote]

Ha ha ... I won't sell my fretless bass that's for sure. I have a strong feeling I will surround myself with basses over time ... I will certainly get an electric upright at some point but the brakes are on for a while.

A fretless Precision will be another "must have" ...

Oh dear God

Edited by debwilliams

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1344125225' post='1760253']
and so it begins... :P haha
[/quote]

We're all familiar with it, eh? Haha!

I've had countless basses I said I'd never sell, and I think I've owned close to 30 in the last 3 years (8 at one time).

Now I have one bass, a precision, and the only thing I'm gassing for is two more precisions :)

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1343979487' post='1757996']
My next Precision is on its way. 1977, in black, with black pickguard, maple neck/fretboard, ash body. Will be a nice mate for my 77 in vintage blond (now a dirty yellow) with black pickguard, rosewood fretboard, ash body. Just gotta wait til next Thursday.

Once I`ve got it, methinks a photo is going to have to go up of the pair of them.
[/quote]

Lol, I'm glad I got that black / maple off you when I did :)
I suppose going the vintage route with the new one I can let you off.,, Please post the pics of it.

[quote name='nick' timestamp='1344080176' post='1759468']
Here's my '84 Tokai Hard Puncher, not sure what model it is, maybe a PB40(?)
Had it for about 15 years. In that time had many basses come & go, but this has always remained in my collection. It's generally my go-to bass & main one when I need a bass with roundwounds.
Changed stock pickup for a Seymour Duncan SPB-1 'Vintage', added the tortoishell pickguard, recently fitted a John East P-Retro & strung with DR nickel Lo-Riders. Otherwise it's stock, though I've been thinking about replacing the tuners for a while.
The neck is fast, not far off a jazz bass width & with a deep U profile - similar to a 70's P-Bass, really nice to play, comfortable.

Cheers
[/quote]

Nice,always liked Tokais.How many screws are in the machine heads,3 or 4? That's one way of identifying the model.