Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='Jono Bolton' timestamp='1346093999' post='1785210']
I love that US Standard, I didn't know they did it in natural
[/quote]

I was fortunate enough to end up with S9 S12 Bass`s natural wood finish Precision. It`s an awesome bass, and due to the finish being taken off, the resonance from the bass is incredible. I think it would be an ideal recording instrument. However, due to amp breakage, I`m going to have to sell it, so it will be up for grabs in the next few days. Gutted :(

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1347226576' post='1798340']

I was fortunate enough to end up with S9 S12 Bass`s natural wood finish Precision. It`s an awesome bass, and due to the finish being taken off, the resonance from the bass is incredible. I think it would be an ideal recording instrument. However, due to amp breakage, I`m going to have to sell it, so it will be up for grabs in the next few days. Gutted :(
[/quote]

Ah no! Sorry to hear that mate, hope you get your amp sorted

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1347721746' post='1804352']
Just managed to fit the Bass Doc red tort plate to my 'wreck' bass. So now it looks like this (see pics). Much better than the white guard it had before.
[/quote]
Looks great and kinda reminds me of my old school desk. :)

51 Precision Reissue - bought from Clarky couple of years ago and i believe one of the last ones available in this country. took the pickup cover off as i found it restricting but like the bridge one.It's got a lollar pickup in it.

[attachment=118440:DSC_0197.jpg]

[attachment=118442:DSC_0198.jpg]

[attachment=118444:DSC_0200.jpg]

[attachment=118447:DSC_0203.jpg]

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1347721746' post='1804352']
Just managed to fit the Bass Doc red tort plate to my 'wreck' bass. So now it looks like this (see pics). Much better than the white guard it had before.
[/quote]
[quote name='pst62' timestamp='1347725280' post='1804380']
Looks great and kinda reminds me of my old school desk. :)
[/quote]

Reminds me of the one George Porter Jr had before he got a new Lakie.

Mid nineties MIJ '51 re-ish. I believe it might have been the first one in the country. It is the one from the display case at the Fender UK showroom when that was based in Nomis Studios. It was photographed for the review in Guitar Magazine. I've owned it from new. Green leather sets it orf beautifully, don't you think?

Ex. Flat Eric > ex. danweb22, CIJ '62 re-ish, no new photo's as yet. It's been tarted up with all US hardware and electrics; GB8 reverse tuners, solid nickel string tree, spiral saddled bridge, Custom Shop P pickups, CTS pots, cloth covered loom, Jensen .047u paper in oil cap. Just requires a period correct pickguard. P*****s all over the Custom Shop Pino model - at a fraction of the cost! New photos when finished.....

Carry on.

Edited by mckendrick

[quote name='mckendrick' timestamp='1348070484' post='1808866']
Mid nineties MIJ '51 re-ish. I believe it might have been the first one in the country. It is the one from the display case at the Fender UK showroom when that was based in Nomis Studios. It was photographed for the review in Guitar Magazine. I've owned it from new. Green leather sets it orf beautifully, don't you think?

Ex. Flat Eric CIJ '62 re-ish, no new photo's as yet. It's been tarted up with all US hardware and electrics; GB8 reverse tuners, solid nickel string tree, spiral saddled bridge, Custom Shop P pickups, CTS pots, cloth covered loom, Jensen .047u paper in oil cap. Just requires a period correct pickguard. P*****s all over the Custom Shop Pino model - at a fraction of the cost! New photos when finished.....

Carry on.

[/quote]

I like the colour of that 51 P Bass, what do they call it?