Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1327756842' post='1516299']
That's the one of the coolest P's I've seen. A pity that she has those EMG's (I guess - I don't like their sound too much). If you want to replace it with something, try expensive but worthy 'Ligthnin' Rod' pickup by Seymour Duncan - they're active but deliver truly vintage sound. Don't know how they did this :D
[/quote]

Thanks Immo, i noticed you posted this on my NBD thread aswell, but i don't think i got back to you. When i have the cash i'll have a look into one of those and see what tasty vintage flavours come out of it.

Strange thing, playing lots of modern music and wanting a vintage Precision sound.

Liam

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1328539338' post='1528664']
And the scale is just too short.
[/quote]

Way too short. Ended up trading it with a mate for his car (Hot Wheels, not much headroom if I'm honest)

Edited by Mylkinut

Not as exciting / epic as some on the thread, but here's the first split-coil P I've had since my very first bass (a Tanglewood Lone Wolf) back in 1990-summat - a Squier CV '60s Precision, recently acquired from G-funk45 of this parish (who didn't say anything in his ad about it being fitted with Wizard Thumper pups and CTS pots, so that all came as a complete, and very pleasant, surprise - thanks Chris! :) ).

Edited by tony_m

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1329998161' post='1551001']

I refinished my 78 P last year in Capri Orange. Now with the proper black screws. Also, as I'm on a reggae tip, I've gone for RS black nylon tapewounds.
[/quote]
Apart from the JB pickup chrome cover (sorry :P) this bass is PERFECT.
And strings - those are TruBass 88's? My favorite strings. Congrats.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1330038661' post='1551999']
Love the Antigua P, Steve. Great job assembling that :)
[/quote]

Thanks Clarky, I'm really pleased with it, definately a keeper, altho' I can't help wondering how it would be with a maple neck........

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1330039207' post='1552008']

Thanks Clarky, I'm really pleased with it, definately a keeper, altho' I can't help wondering how it would be with a maple neck........
[/quote]
... Like my Antigua and maple Alleva? :) http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2011/post-2944-0-14188300-1322863681.jpg

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1325763568' post='1487166']
Here are my two, both bought in the autumn last year: a 1970 fretless (P Retro fitted as original pots long gone) and a 1988 MIJ. Mmmm....

[/quote]

Wow, that 1970 Fretless Precision is my dream bass as its the year of my birth and fretless. Totally stunning.

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1330039715' post='1552015']
... Like my Antigua and maple Alleva? :) [url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2011/post-2944-0-14188300-1322863681.jpg"]http://basschat.co.u...-1322863681.jpg[/url]
[/quote]

very nice

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1330039844' post='1552017']
Wow, that 1970 Fretless Precision is my dream bass as its the year of my birth and fretless. Totally stunning.
[/quote]

Thanks, and yes, it is an amazing bass: light, woody, resonant. It's become my main bass very quickly. I put it back to passive though, as although the P Retro was nice, it wasn't [i]the[/i] tone!

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1330068279' post='1552118']
Thanks, and yes, it is an amazing bass: light, woody, resonant. It's become my main bass very quickly. I put it back to passive though, as although the P Retro was nice, it wasn't [i]the[/i] tone!
[/quote]

Yeah very good call putting it back to standard. Stunning bass. If you ever want to sell and I find a large stash of cash hidden under my bed then give me a shout :D

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1330072328' post='1552155']
Yeah very good call putting it back to standard. Stunning bass. If you ever want to sell and I find a large stash of cash hidden under my bed then give me a shout :D
[/quote]

I shall keep that in mind, althought I can't see it goimng anywhere... although I've said that many time before :blink: