Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

and my 62' stripped NOV P-bass, NOT a slab board.....very light and resonant, strong pickup, all original except body finish, which was stripped early 70'ies. The body was sunburst before.......A nitro laquer was put on top after stripping, nice honey color, which matches the headstock....4000 EURO with case

[quote name='dafonky' timestamp='1322385100' post='1450037']
Hi all, here is my Oly White 73' P bass, for sale.......2500 EURO
[/quote]

That is a great looking bass guitar,

That is my favourite body colour and fingerboard configuration.

This bass might attract a fair bit of interest in the for sale section.
Tasty :)

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1322832452' post='1456389']
Those are nice! I'll have to try get a pic up of my Black and white P's

Edit: Here they are :)
[/quote]

Nearly put a B/W/B Pickguard on my Black one. But decided to go for the Phil Lynott look. I love Maple fretboards - those are two nice looking P's.

[quote name='Al Webb' timestamp='1321791393' post='1443005']

This is Michelle. Fender Am Std, w/ added SD Quarter Pounders & Badass III bridge :)

(Sorry if the pic is too big, I couldnt resize it!) :)
[/quote]

Pretty much my dream precision right there. Just fit it with a Hipshot D-tuner and it'l be spot on.

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

I got this Squier Classic Vibe a couple of weeks ago, been in a case since I bought it, but recently dug it out for a proper play at home a few days ago. Phenominal bass, just mind blowing quality and playability and my first precision for 10 years. In a different class to my ex 2010 USA Jazz and a quarter of the price.

One thing that blew me away was the crazy maple figuring on the neck, its got a weird holographic/3D flamed heavy grain going on. Its not great in the pictures but you get an idea. Best bit by far though is that it makes me feel like Pino when i play it (unfortunately the ability of Pino doesnt come with the bass).

[attachment=95414:DSC_0171.JPG]
[attachment=95416:DSC_0179.JPG]
[attachment=95417:DSC_0184.JPG]

Edited by NJE

This is my '72 precision, [u]very[/u] used, it's all original, apart from the pick ups, I bought it about 16 years ago off a family friend, he gave me the original p/ups, but they never worked. No idea what the ones in it are, but the sound good.

It's overdue a re-fret, but it looks like it'll be a hard job to do, it'll probably need re laquered too, and may aswell have the blackened bits of wood sorted too. Any good luthiers around Edinburgh?

[quote name='EmmettC' timestamp='1324248586' post='1472305']
This is my '72 precision, [u]very[/u] used, it's all original, apart from the pick ups, I bought it about 16 years ago off a family friend, he gave me the original p/ups, but they never worked. No idea what the ones in it are, but the sound good.
[/quote]

Cream pickup covers were a DiMarzio trademark around the time your bass was made, but for all I know there are others offering the same colour now.