Why become a member? ×

All I Want For Christmas Is You

MikanHannille

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1060377' date='Dec 16 2010, 10:33 AM']I decided to watch that one, but it was a right plodder. As for him "single handledly" owning Mark King, I don't think he quite does that...in any sense![/quote]

He owned him in the sense that i could actually watch the whole video without baulking at the 80s cheeser spoiling an otherwise harmless song.

Bump your mids up, ease off the treble and ffs give that thumb a bloody rest!

MK is a nice little fella from the interviews i've read but whenever he gets that thumb out - eeurgh!!!

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1060451' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:02 PM']Watching those vids one after the other MK looks like he's thinking "Ha! I've got a thumb and you haven't. Look what I can do with it" :)[/quote]

And he's showing that he can quite easily play the other lad under the table, although this clear display of mastery was not intended as an offence, as Mark did this video last year and created something incredible - a christmas song you'd actually listen to.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1060461' date='Dec 16 2010, 12:07 PM']And he's showing that he can quite easily play the other lad under the table[/quote]
Well in fairness, actually having both hands gives him a bit of a head-start...

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1060389' date='Dec 16 2010, 10:47 AM']He owned him in the sense that i could actually watch the whole video without baulking at the 80s cheeser spoiling an otherwise harmless song.

Bump your mids up, ease off the treble and ffs give that thumb a bloody rest!

MK is a nice little fella from the interviews i've read but whenever he gets that thumb out - eeurgh!!![/quote]

I agree! Every time I see MK play I just think Christ on a bike, give it a rest! Has he not heard of simplicity?
And surely its not about having to play other people under the table every time the bass is picked up?

Don't get me wrong, I think MK is a talented man, but slap bass isn't for every occasion.

Dan

Oh no! Why did this have to turn into yet another I love/I hate Mark King thread. Can't we all just accept that there are two camps and be done with it. How about a fanboy starting a 'I LOVE MARK KING' thread and then those that do can indulge themselves and those that don't can, with a huge amount of self-discipline, ignore it.

[quote name='Hutton' post='1061314' date='Dec 17 2010, 08:59 AM']Oh no! Why did this have to turn into yet another I love/I hate Mark King thread. Can't we all just accept that there are two camps and be done with it. How about a fanboy starting a 'I LOVE MARK KING' thread and then those that do can indulge themselves and those that don't can, with a huge amount of self-discipline, ignore it.[/quote]

I know. You can't knock Mark King as he is an exceptionally talented bloke... but as with most things, there is a time and a place. This wasn't it.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='1061318' date='Dec 17 2010, 09:05 AM']I know. You can't knock Mark King as he is an exceptionally talented bloke... but as with most things, there is a time and a place. This wasn't it.[/quote]

Well given the fact that he's done a version of the song which is clearly miles better than the other effort, surely this is the place? Two threads about the same song would be clutter, and there is no shame in being bettered by Mark King.

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1061624' date='Dec 17 2010, 02:39 PM']Well given the fact that he's done a version of the song which is clearly miles better than the other effort, surely this is the place? Two threads about the same song would be clutter, and there is no shame in being bettered by Mark King.[/quote]

The thread wasn't about the song!

[quote name='Hutton' post='1061744' date='Dec 17 2010, 04:21 PM']The thread wasn't about the song![/quote]

I'm glad that somebody else is on the same wavelength. Quite literally slapping (pun intended) the guy in the OP down is not appropriate.

Edited by EBS_freak