Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Jigster' post='968476' date='Sep 26 2010, 03:53 PM']is the ampeg head still a valve one?[/quote]
No, it's just an old solid state 1997 head. Sounds great mic'd up but a bit lacklustre on its own. My main Bassman head is always the preference but if it comes down to space in the car then this is a perfectly serviceable back up.

My first post here, for about 3 years!!! Finally getting gear sorted.
Met Ben today to get my amp and very happy with it.

[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/thunderthief_31/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=DSC00408.jpg"][/url]
[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/thunderthief_31/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=DSC00407.jpg"][/url]
[url="http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/thunderthief_31/Gear%20Pics/?action=view&current=DSC00405.jpg"][/url]

The bass is a Sterling SB14, superb bass guitar

[quote name='matt_citizenbass' post='969062' date='Sep 27 2010, 01:29 AM']

This photo was taken on the first date of our euro tour in Paris. The set up was utterly ridiculous especially, I was told to turn one night as the drums were literally inaudible.

Still a lot of fun though![/quote]

Ok take us through that, how was it all wired up? Use a crossover to send your highs to the Marshall?

[quote]Ok take us through that, how was it all wired up? Use a crossover to send your highs to the Marshall?[/quote]

nah, i just cut the lows on the head to avoid damaging the cab. I have a lot of highs coming my bass including samples/loops and having a guitar amp really helps those to cut through.

the bass cabs are the left ones and the one on the top on the right.

Matt

[quote name='Raggy' post='972517' date='Sep 30 2010, 12:38 PM']That bass looks great :)

TheRockinRoadie : That bass is fantastic! What pickups are in it?

WarPig : +1 Great mod you did there! Must sound monsterous.[/quote]

Thanks, actually it's sound REALLY monsterous !

-Pup's are DiMarzio DP 120 (via thomann), first I wanted Darkstar pup but no response from the guy :)
Neck one is louder than bridge, need to up the bridge one for an equal response.

-Badass 3 is great but I had to place paper between neck & body to up the neck for the action, a badass is big and tall :lol:

-2switches : one for split pup (neck, neck&bridge, bridge) one for the phase (divide the pup as jazz pup)

Maybe you have seen, the pup are IN the bass, nothing is out, need to place a thumbrest or up the pup for finger plays... Don't know for the moment, this bass is used for ROCK, with pick and it does the job.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a preamp floorboard with stereo output. Put one of the outputs into the 2 x 10 combo and the other into the MB450 head which feeds the 1x15 bass cabinet. That's 600 watts of power. PLENTY. I only need to run the whole lot on 3 out of 10 for regular pub gigs or 5 out of 10 in a village hall type gig .... which gives a nice clean sound if I want it. The mic of 2 x 10 and 1x15 (both with tweeter) gives a great spread of deep lows, tight mid range and good highs. Running two amps at low volume gives good protection against amp failure. If one fails, I'll just turn the other one up. I also have the option of using either set of speakers as an extension cab ..... giving 450 watts of output. And, I get to stand in front of a big Marshall stack. Very rock n roll.

[quote name='tinyviking' post='998498' date='Oct 23 2010, 09:52 PM']Just waiting for the LH1000 to show up now.
Still trying to adjust the tone settings - having spent a good decade with the same setup it's taking a bit of adjustment!!
Sounds awesome though.

I have since taken the stickers off.[/quote]

I love the look of those cabs!!

[quote name='tinyviking' post='998498' date='Oct 23 2010, 09:52 PM']Just waiting for the LH1000 to show up now.
Still trying to adjust the tone settings - having spent a good decade with the same setup it's taking a bit of adjustment!!
Sounds awesome though.

I have since taken the stickers off.[/quote]

I hope you've left the fairy lights on :)