Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='JohnFitzgerald' timestamp='1355949296' post='1904992']
I'm good to go now with a full rig pic. B)
SWMBO was going out to the shops earlier, so I took the opportunity of asking her to stay out for a bit whilst I fire up the old Trace and see what this baby can do.

Snapped a couple of pics whilst I was at it.

It's not what you'd call an ideal practice amp.

[attachment=125534:Trace n Bass.jpg]
[/quote]

2103 and 1153? My first 'big rig'. Lovely. :)

[quote name='jaydentaku' timestamp='1359412162' post='1954511']
Does that rig sound any good with a bass?
[/quote]

Me, I lurv it with that Squier CV P at least. Haven't tried another bass yet.
I dig the following:
Playing almost to the right of the bridge, bass volume on full, bass tone somewhere in the middle or so, amp gain on full, amp tone I don't remember and amp volume as applicable. Definitely in Rickenbacker territory, and The Stranglers wouldn't throw me out either.
Well, they would, but for different reasons.

I dig it big time, and don't miss the low frequencies for one second. The overtones do their work as they should.

BTW, the bizarro photo was for a competition that I'm sure to not win, but it was fun to do. Very quickly, mind.

best,
bert

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1359485358' post='1955516']
Aren't you worried your BF cab is at risk of damage from the local cat population..? ;)
[/quote]

The local cats seem far too well behaved. I've been waiting for one to move in since our sadly departed, but no takers as yet, despite by bassy serenades. :)

They used to come in, foolishly I thought they came to see me, but obviously they came to see our cat. ****s.

[quote name='bigjohn' timestamp='1359483229' post='1955461']

My rig as is... with a new addition coming soon... B)
[/quote]

Very nice BJ, although I get a headache even thinking about all those dials and knobs on the Rane - I looked one up, and can honestly say that the only two functions that I recognise are 'power' and 'output' :-)

Some rig incarnations ;)
[IMG]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/lazylizardlabs/Bass%20Stuff/IMG_7877_zpsfde6786a.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/lazylizardlabs/Bass%20Stuff/IMG_6179_zpsb48aa03d.jpg[/IMG]
Current rig
[IMG]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/lazylizardlabs/Bass%20Stuff/IMG_5834_zps25b9c7cf.jpg[/IMG]

Steve

Great thread, cool rigs all over ... here's mine. (well, actually it's two, but I use 'em as one, it's not about A/B, it's Y all the way)

[attachment=127796:IMG_3685.JPG]

[i]left[/i]: tech with acoustic 301 cab, this is for the clean part, it's an amazing cab, only an octamizer on this signal path.
[i]right[/i]: Dynacord Eminent II [i]or[/i] Marsahll 3540 with Ampeg Isovent, this is for all the other pedals.
Bass is Washburn.

Been waiting to get this finished before I posted it, finally good to go:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/smokingbeagle/P1040195_zps2626c5d0.jpg[/IMG]

It's monsterous :) best rig I've ever owned, certainly for rock, and the fact that I paid less than £500 for the whole lot makes it even sweeter B)