Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1363649841' post='2015435']
Ignore the cat, she insisted on getting in the photo.
[/quote]

I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's not a real rig shot unless there's a cat present! :D

Effin' awesome rig as well dude, I can only imagine how great that all sounds! That's the coolest looking Thunderbird I've ever seen too.

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1363653560' post='2015467']
Is that an LTD B-15? If so, what's it like?

Cheers

Alex
[/quote]

It is indeed, it's great, always gelled with it really well as my first and only 5-string. I got it quite cheap as an ex-display model, and the pickups recently died on me so I've replaced them with Bill Lawrence P46s which gives it a better grind than the stock pickups, but I thoroughly recommend it!

Edited by TomWIC

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1363653849' post='2015469']
I've got a sneaking suspicion that it's not a real rig shot unless there's a cat present! :D

Effin' awesome rig as well dude, I can only imagine how great that all sounds! That's the coolest looking Thunderbird I've ever seen too.
[/quote]

Cheers mate, I do love my Thunderbird. Hopefully I'll have a nice shiny white one with Gibson pickups soon too :D

And for the first time, I've been completely happy with my rig, can get a huge range of sounds, from warm and clean to the most evil distortion you could imagine :)

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1363654609' post='2015481']
Cheers mate, I do love my Thunderbird. Hopefully I'll have a nice shiny white one with Gibson pickups soon too :D

And for the first time, I've been completely happy with my rig, can get a huge range of sounds, from warm and clean to the most evil distortion you could imagine :)
[/quote]

Pretty :gas:

I'm getting there. I just need a replacement bridge pickup in one bass, and about 4 new sets of strings! ... And once I've done that I'll find the next 'essential upgrade' :lol:

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1363655021' post='2015486']
Pretty :gas:

I'm getting there. I just need a replacement bridge pickup in one bass, and about 4 new sets of strings! ... And once I've done that I'll find the next 'essential upgrade' :lol:
[/quote]

Admittedly, I need to do some restringing soon. Still on the quest to find the perfect strings, currently using Dunlop Stainless Steels on all my basses which are my favourite to date, but I'll be buying some DR DDT's soon and giving them a bash.

[quote name='TomWIC' timestamp='1363657192' post='2015494']
Admittedly, I need to do some restringing soon. Still on the quest to find the perfect strings, currently using Dunlop Stainless Steels on all my basses which are my favourite to date, but I'll be buying some DR DDT's soon and giving them a bash.
[/quote]

If you like that brand new stainless steel sound, try the new Elixir ones. I've had a set on for 4 months and they still sound proper clanky! They cost me £40, but to have sounded like that for 4 months I'd have had to buy at least 6 sets of D'Addarios!

shots of my new 'large' rig i've just put together....

Sansamp RBI (hopefully will have an RPM to add to the rack soon)
Crown Drivecore 1500
Barefaced Compact x 2

pedalboard with :

Line6 wireless
TC Polytune
Sansamp BDDI (not used with this setup - it's for my smaller rigs without the RBI)

Used with either my Vigier Passion IV or Shuker Jazz

It doesn't suffer from a lack of headroom...... :D :D :D

Here's my recently acquired MAJ/Koch rig. Scored it off ebay for £220 and a 20 minute drive. The ad only showed the 2x12 cab and the head, only mentioning a 1x15 in passing; turned out to be matching! Well chuffed with it. Cabs sound huge and the head has a lovely clean sound to it. Handles effects very well and comes flightcased too. Bonus!

[IMG]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/Truckstop1/IMG_0768_zpse8d9688f.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/Truckstop1/IMG_0770_zps53b0adf6.jpg[/IMG]

Truckstop

ps, heres a small obligatory shot of my now tidied music-room!

[IMG]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r488/Truckstop1/IMG_0778_zpsb87122da.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='intime-nick' timestamp='1364386172' post='2025669']
shots of my new 'large' rig i've just put together....

Sansamp RBI (hopefully will have an RPM to add to the rack soon)
Crown Drivecore 1500
Barefaced Compact x 2

pedalboard with :

Line6 wireless
TC Polytune
Sansamp BDDI (not used with this setup - it's for my smaller rigs without the RBI)

Used with either my Vigier Passion IV or Shuker Jazz

It doesn't suffer from a lack of headroom...... :D :D :D
[/quote]

I've just added the XLS1500 to my Big Twin, replacing an XTi1000, can't believe how capable such a light amp is...!

Headroom FTW...

Edited by WinterMute

My eden WT550 head with a 112xlt and 210xlt.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2sbrjx3.jpg[/IMG]

Just got this rig put together recently and I'm absolutely loving the depth of the 112 paired with the cut of the 210 :)

Another 112xlt and a 210xst on the wish list to complete my collection to match up as required. Will also be able to run all 4 cabs off the 550 :-D

Edited by Ashwood1985

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Tweedledum' timestamp='1366868176' post='2058185']
Echolette BS40 -> 2 x SAD (Sieben Audio Design, Germany) 1/12 C:

'74 Jazz & '68 Tele:
(I screwed the tin covers on for the picture. Normally, the covers are removed, the Tele even completely stripped, Dusty Hill style.)

[/quote]Please, more pics of the basses. Nice rig, too. Care to tell us more? :)