Why become a member? ×

Yay! Poll time. How many basses do you own?

Clarky

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1323448319' post='1463573']
In my day you only had 4 strings.
How i managed to have 6 strings I'll never know.
Don't even know what the other two are for :)

Dave
[/quote]

LOL probably some weird stuff more suitable to guitarists - but their 6 strings are puny and tuned stupid :) :)

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1323449214' post='1463584']
LOL probably some weird stuff more suitable to guitarists - but their 6 strings are puny and tuned stupid :o :)
[/quote]

Steady! :) I used to be a guitarist (still am when the moose descends), and I used to have a corresponding view about bass players, generally centred around the number of strings they use. I have since seen the light and now consider myself a much more balanced and calm person. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... :)

There should be a second part to this poll - "How many do you regularly use?".

For the last 18 months I've done 95% of my playing on 1 bass and used only that bass live, for everything. Probably means I'm not very versatile, but why f*** around if what you've got feels and sounds great? This has only come after buying and selling a lot of gear in the 2 years leading up to buying it though.

[quote name='clarkpegasus4001' timestamp='1323756367' post='1466548']
Just the one at the moment (Rickenbacker 4001).
[/quote]

Oh well, look on the bright side - at least you're exempt from being branded unprofessional for only taking one bass to the gig.

[quote name='Dubs' timestamp='1323719025' post='1466254']
There should be a second part to this poll - "How many do you regularly use?".
[/quote]

Only 1 regularly out of 2. I think I've played my back-up P Bitsa less than 5 times live, use it on rare occasions for recording or practice. My Schecter does everything I need a bass to do. Yes I know its not the fanciest but I love it and feel no compulsion to own another bass.

After some 26 years of bass playing I am at around 15 basses, 8 or 9 of which I gig regularly, Jazz type basses and Stingrays being my favourites, complemented by a couple of five strings and my Fender P. I'm kinda too sentimental (or dumb) to part with an instrument once I've grown close to it - hence the collection has grown, in large part thanks to (or 'due to' perhaps?) BassChat and similar nice places... :) :)

• 1 month later...