Why become a member? ×

Rub The Lamp

Pete Academy

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='895928' date='Jul 15 2010, 08:08 PM']I'm happy with what I've got ... but I'll take the Funk Machine.[/quote]
After playing a fantastic Rickenbacker the other day, that`s gotta be my wish.

F-Bass right now probably or a really great mid/late 70's Jazz. The F-Bass was the only boutique style bass I've ever played that made me want anything above say two grand. Played MTD's, Sadowsky's, Pensas, etc. but none of them do it for me apart from the F-Basses.

Having said that... would probably take an Alleva too! :)

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='896065' date='Jul 15 2010, 10:18 PM']My one bass related wish would be to have a box that contained any bass I desired on the moment of opening. :)[/quote]

Or maybe one with a knob that you can turn to change what type of bass you're playing, and maybe a knob or faders to change the colour/finish, one for the number/arrangement of strings and obviously a switchable active EQ too :rolleyes: I just thought we were on about real basses that's all lolz.

I wish the genie could give me one stupidly valuable old fender bass, so that I could sell it to a mug to put in his safe, and buy a ton of old Jap copies to play with.

Does that work Pete? :)

Or right at the moment I really want an Ibby Blazer, with the P pup in it, blackguard, not asking for much....

Top spec Alleva Coppollo Jazz 5 string, but throw enough money at Jimi Coppollo to make a neck with the most unbelievable birdseye maple, with that really expensive rosewood (Dalbergia Negra? might as well go all out) fretboard with blocks and binding.

Tasty!

One of the things I would like to do if I found myself with stupid amounts of disposable income to spend on musical instruments would be to have some of my favourite basses made in 5-string versions.

So to start off: I'd like an Ovation Magnum 1, which is identical in every way to the original instrument except that it has 5 strings and a suitably wider neck and slightly modified headstock to accommodate the extra string.

OK, if we're talking real magic lamp fantasy stuff... I'd like a 5 string fretted bass that could be made fretless at the flick of a switch, with Delanos and an East eq [i]plus[/i] the innards from a Line6 Variax bass.

[quote name='Rich' post='896339' date='Jul 16 2010, 10:42 AM']OK, if we're talking real magic lamp fantasy stuff... I'd like a 5 string fretted bass that could be made fretless at the flick of a switch, with Delanos and an East eq [i]plus[/i] the innards from a Line6 Variax bass.[/quote]

Piece of piss. :)

[quote name='Rich' post='896339' date='Jul 16 2010, 10:42 AM']OK, if we're talking real magic lamp fantasy stuff... I'd like a 5 string fretted bass that could be made fretless at the flick of a switch, with Delanos and an East eq [i]plus[/i] the innards from a Line6 Variax bass.[/quote]

You forgot the 'Make me sound like Victor Wooten' switch.

Your wish is his command, Rich.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WOOIZXNks"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WOOIZXNks[/url]