Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Jaguar

gnasher1993

Quite like the look of this, but I reckon it would look a bit classier if the scratchplate didn't go up into the top horn & followed the standard Fender shape - a bit like the Bass VI...

B.

Edited by benebass

I leave the house for 4 hours and I miss this.

I'll be happy for someone to send me to compare to the fender version.

Although expect heavy criticism..

It's supposed to look like fenders jaguar/jazzmaster guitars and jaguar bass, the bass VI is in my eyes a baritone stratocaster; although There is now jaguar baritone which is apparantly based off the bass VI.

now then...

if F*****...Ahem, Squier Classic Vibe made a Bass VI, we'd surely all have one?

I think they should do a Squier Bass Six, The last Jap one i watched went up to £1200 ish.

I need one!

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='856773' date='Jun 4 2010, 01:34 AM']now then...

if F*****...Ahem, Squier Classic Vibe made a Bass VI, we'd surely all have one?

I think they should do a Squier Bass Six, The last Jap one i watched went up to £1200 ish.

I need one![/quote]

indeed, I do want one as it's my only avenue to a 6 string bass with the wide ass neck, and without having a baritone guitar.

If anyone on a budget wants a Jag bass & can't wait, these keep popping up on EBay

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tuscany-Jag-bass-guitar-NEW-discount-price-/150451573464?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item23079cd2d8"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tuscany-Jag-bass-gui...=item23079cd2d8[/url]

No idea what they are like though

All days long peoples ask me about my website “Comparesthefender.com”

I tells them Simples, look at the shoddy mongoose build quality of replikas! Sure it may looooook like real Jaguars, but where is your pre-amp - eaten by fleas?

Only one place to by originals Fenders, simples! :)

As the proud owner of a real black Fender Jaguar I reckon that, purely in terms of aesthetics, these look pretty hot - those extra Wallace and Grommitt-esque chrome plates for the pre-amp gubbins and all that complicated pup selection on mine do distract the eye a bit, IMHO. Stick a black scratch plate on it and you are in business, especially if the build quality is like the rest of the VM range.

[quote name='urbanx' post='857360' date='Jun 4 2010, 03:22 PM']All days long peoples ask me about my website “Comparesthefender.com”

I tells them Simples, look at the shoddy mongoose build quality of replikas! Sure it may looooook like real Jaguars, but where is your pre-amp - eaten by fleas?

Only one place to by originals Fenders, simples! :)[/quote]

I have a few Fender Jazz basses but when I sit down to play I always pick up the VMJ.

I think judging the quality before it's even been made is a little presumptuous. A decal doesn't make a bass.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='853961' date='Jun 1 2010, 06:59 PM']It's a cheap wood they use on the Affinity series, not too bad actually.[/quote]

Drop it and you're totally f**ked though. I had an old Ibanez guitar made of this stuff, dropped it and the body basically shattered!

[quote name='Johnston' post='858359' date='Jun 5 2010, 05:51 PM']Did it shatter or break along a glue line???[/quote]

A massive chunk of the body broke into little shards. It wasn't along a glue line.

I've always avoided that particular wood because of it. Saying that,this bass is awesome, I wouldn't mind one of those.

Edited by Soloshchenko

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='fatback' post='869958' date='Jun 17 2010, 03:29 PM']I [i]want [/i] it to be real, therefore it [i]shall[/i] be real :)[/quote]

I do hope so (and im sure it will).

I dont really know anything about Jaguars. I know they normally have lots of switches on them (my singer has a guitar version) and i know they normally look ugly to me.

But i really cant see any other black/PJ/jazz sized blocked neck basses in this (assumed) price point.

what would be ideal was if the neck would fit on my black Ray34. That would be worth getting the Squier for.

[quote name='urbanx' post='857360' date='Jun 4 2010, 03:22 PM']All days long peoples ask me about my website “Comparesthefender.com”

Only one place to by originals Fenders, simples! :)[/quote]

BANG right there you go people, see my good mans reply as above......regardless of these crappy copies or even these possibly real/not real squire jags......

ITS NOT A FENDER JAGUAR. if you like the jag look,,,,,BUY THE JAG

if you like the p/j pup config,,,,, BUY THE AERODYNE.

Why bother with something thats close to what you want or always wanted,,,cos lets face it, you will always want the real deal.

OH aye CHECK MA SIG BITCHES hahahahahaha