Why become a member? ×

Squier VM Jaguar

gnasher1993

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='854029' date='Jun 1 2010, 07:50 PM']I thought the Jaguar had been discontinued from the Fender range? If this is the case, it could move to the Squier range, but more likely than not this is probably someone's wishful thinking.[/quote]

No, it is still being offered AFAIK.
Though there only seems to be Oly White and Burst finishes listed anywhere onlne. Havent seen a red one new for sale in a long time
But yeah, a Squier with stack knobs and a nicer neck than the Fender- I knew the VM series were good, but I find this a little suss...

Wow some of you guys have taken this quite seriously :rolleyes:!!! I've even had PM's about this which shocked me a bit.

As far as I know, it's real, I saw it posted over at Harmony Central but there isn't any more info other than the picture I posted.

Kind of wish I'd kept this to myself now :).

Edited by gnasher1993

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='854121' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:06 PM']Wow some of you guys have taken this quite seriously :rolleyes:!!! I've even had PM's about this which shocked me a bit.

As far as I know, it's real, I saw it posted over at Harmony Central but there isn't any more info other than the picture I posted.

Kind of wish I'd kept this to myself now :).[/quote]

Haha never under estimate the persistence of a Fender nut.

PMs, really?

[quote name='basshead56' post='854135' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:17 PM']Some of us Fenderphiles will go to any lengths...

Could you post the link though :)[/quote]

Sure, it's here: [url="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2624262"]http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2624262[/url] :rolleyes:

[quote name='Musicman20' post='854141' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:19 PM']I've searched and found nothing...but I don't doubt for one second that this is real :)[/quote]

Likewise, I think it's real. I'd guess the original source is a retailer that was sent a press release from Fender... Summer NAMM's coming up! A lot of that kind of thing gets posted on Harmony Central.

I got to figure out how I can apply for the governments 'take it away' scheme behind my GF's back to buy this beauty!

Oh, we love finance!

Aren't the necks skinny on Jags? Could be a problem..... one I can live with though. CRAMP!!!!

Seriously though, what with the whole Classic Vibe range aren't Fender going to put themselves out of business?

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='854130' date='Jun 1 2010, 09:15 PM']Yes :rolleyes:. I don't mind at all, it just surprised me a little![/quote]

It wasn't me... I was the one that sent a couple of "heavies" around your place to turn you upside down! :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry bout that! I hope they've been gentle! :)

[quote name='EssentialTension' post='854335' date='Jun 1 2010, 11:48 PM']That somebody was me. :)[/quote]
Heh heh, I just guessed as much when I saw the location... :lol:

What have you done? Won't somebody think of the children? :rolleyes:

Very pretty bass - hope it doesn't turn out to be a Photoshop fantasy...

But if it does, go buy a [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stagg-bm-370-vintage-m-series/68744"]Stagguar[/url] (or is that a Jagstagg?) for £130. And take a chill pill! :)

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='854357' date='Jun 2 2010, 12:15 AM']Very pretty bass - hope it doesn't turn out to be a Photoshop fantasy...

But if it does, go buy a [url="http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/stagg-bm-370-vintage-m-series/68744"]Stagguar[/url] (or is that a Jagstagg?) for £130. And take a chill pill! :)

Jon.[/quote]
To me, it does look like a photoshop fantasy - the P and J pickups are different colours.

Here's that Stagg Vintage M series:

Edited by EssentialTension

[quote name='Johnston' post='854455' date='Jun 2 2010, 08:49 AM']But it wouldn't be the first time fender have photoshopped their own pictures. Remember the '51 reissue and the sting sig pictures that have been mentioned before.[/quote]
I agree that it could be real, but I'm not convinced yet.