Why become a member? ×

Barefaced - Super Twelve T Cab

Me And My Bass

[quote name='GRAHAM SG1' timestamp='1328564893' post='1529316']
....british cabs for me (soon), shame my amp is made in China and bass USA....
[/quote]
We have a few quality UK cab manufacturers and there are a lot of (generally more expensive) basses made here, but the amps are more of a problem.

I don't know of anyone making lightweight amps in the UK. Anyone?

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1328605172' post='1529695']
We have a few quality UK cab manufacturers and there are a lot of (generally more expensive) basses made here, but the amps are more of a problem.

I don't know of anyone making lightweight amps in the UK. Anyone?
[/quote]

Matamp are making a lightweight 500W amp similar to the Orange Bass Terror. I presume they will be manufacturing them in their Huddesfield base?

Bit of a niche product, but it will be quite something;

Orange do make their normal amps here and most of their cabinets, but not the Terror series.

Edited by Musicman20

I'd be interested to find out more about this amp but I didn't find the Matamp web site to be very helpful.

The lightweight amp doesn't feature and there is very little info on the amps that are on the site. The YouTube video did nothing to make me feel that I wanted to look further.

I thought the bass player demoing the amp was very average and made the amp sound even more average.

[size=4]My Chevin power amp is lightweight and UK made. [/size]

[size=4][font=arial, sans-serif]They don't make the model I've got anymore, but it's fan-bloody-tastic. [/font][/size]

[url="http://www.chevin-research.com/index.php/products.html"]http://www.chevin-research.com/index.php/products.html[/url][size=4][font=arial, sans-serif] [/font][/size]

• 2 weeks later...

My S12T has arrived. Played it this weekend after spending Friday night annoying the wife breaking it in through Eastenders and American Next Top Model. Gigged it Saturday and it sounds amazing.

Truly the best cab I've ever played through, my post-sale sadness getting rid of the Ampegh is well and truly over, there's a lot of love for the Barefaced. I've paired it up with a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and it sounds amazing.

Both the guitarists in my band now want Barefaced for guitar, apparently Alex is considering the idea already... get one before the 6 string bunch get in there!!

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1329842937' post='1548354']
My S12T has arrived. Played it this weekend after spending Friday night annoying the wife breaking it in through Eastenders and American Next Top Model. Gigged it Saturday and it sounds amazing.

Truly the best cab I've ever played through, my post-sale sadness getting rid of the Ampegh is well and truly over, there's a lot of love for the Barefaced. I've paired it up with a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 and it sounds amazing.

Both the guitarists in my band now want Barefaced for guitar, apparently Alex is considering the idea already... get one before the 6 string bunch get in there!!
[/quote]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, stop it, green eyed monster alert :)
All this praise for the Super 12 is making me sooooooo envious, itching to get mine, there seems to be a huge demand for these cabs, must be good :)

[quote name='GRAHAM SG1' timestamp='1329922696' post='1549809']
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, stop it, green eyed monster alert :)
All this praise for the Super 12 is making me sooooooo envious, itching to get mine, there seems to be a huge demand for these cabs, must be good :)
[/quote]

I too will annoy the wife by breaking it in with Eastenders on telly, sine waves are much more interesting :D

[quote name='GRAHAM SG1' timestamp='1330624157' post='1560672']
I should get my Super 12T next week, cant wait, all the praise has got me quite excited :)
[/quote]

+1

I've got a Super15 incoming.........just waiting patiently........but SO excited :)

[quote name='GRAHAM SG1' timestamp='1330674581' post='1561218']
The Barefaced family is growing and will soon dominate the world of bass cabinets - be warned ;) :)
[/quote]

:lol: :lol:
hmmm.. not really, I don't know any bass players who have heard of them. Most vocal seem to be from this site
and then people who spoke out against them on here don't seem to bother to do that anymore. Maybe that might give the impression that there
is massive endorsement when that is not always the case.

If it is research you are after, then you need to trawl quite deeply..and maybe include other sites like TB or Fbass.

I think it's going to mainly be a UK thing unless Alex decides to embark on a distribution strategy... As always, try one.. if you like it, keep it.. If you don't, send it back... I kept mine.... Most of us are also happy to let folk come and try their BF cabs out - it's why I decided to take the chance and order one because a kind soul from here let me have a go on his...

Also it's not a magic cab... In some circumstances I prefer my EBS 410 - but the combination of weight/size, efficiency and tone are hard to beat IMHO..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1330686099' post='1561482']
:lol: :lol:
hmmm.. not really, I don't know any bass players who have heard of them. Most vocal seem to be from this site
and then people who spoke out against them on here don't seem to bother to do that anymore. Maybe that might give the impression that there
is massive endorsement when that is not always the case.

If it is research you are after, then you need to trawl quite deeply..and maybe include other sites like TB or Fbass.
[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1330687495' post='1561512']
I think it's going to mainly be a UK thing unless Alex decides to embark on a distribution strategy... [/quote]

Barefaced cabs are already distributed to many countries directly: [url="http://barefacedbass.com/ordering-and-availability.htm"]http://barefacedbass.com/ordering-and-availability.htm[/url]

Sorry I should have been clearer.. When Alex sends cabs to a third party for onward distribution or sale in another territory ..

[quote name='StraightSix' timestamp='1330687689' post='1561520']
Barefaced cabs are already distributed to many countries directly: [url="http://barefacedbass.com/ordering-and-availability.htm"]http://barefacedbass...vailability.htm[/url]
[/quote]

I should recieve my Super Twelve T this saturday, have any of you guys broken the woofers and tweeters in using the `sine wave` method ?
If so, how long for and at what levels, did you gradually increase the level and did you use all the `sine waves` ?
Or is it simply good enough to just play the cab gently at first then gradually bringing the volume up to your usual level ?

I am asking as my family will be in the house all weekend and I know what will happen if I play the sine waves loud for long periods :ph34r: :angry: