Why become a member? ×

Bass players in hats

MacDaddy

• 2 months later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='674065' date='Dec 4 2009, 11:59 AM']Village Hats has a pre-Christmas sale on Jaxton and Sure La tete hats.
Lots of bass players' hat potential Christmas present hats there and 20% off too!
[url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Jaxon-Hats-Cjaxon_hats/"]http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Jaxon-Hats-Cjaxon_hats/[/url][/quote]
Wickid site. I shall be using them I think. No du-rags though, I fancy one of those at the moment.

Same hat different basses

On a lorry with customised Fender RW P

With '63 P, at a pub and then at wedding (the clothes change but the hat remains)

And with my old Roscoe Beck sig (and old rig too)

Edited by ezbass

• 1 month later...

Im venturing into the world of hats because of prementioned pate reasons (getting a bit baldy now I'm 34!) :)

But this season I'll mostly be wearing bandanas as I'm going to live in China in a few weeks, playing 4 gigs a week, and it hits a warm 37 degrees usually there for the summer so it'll help keep the sweat outta my eyes!

[quote name='BassJase' post='804163' date='Apr 12 2010, 09:07 PM']Im venturing into the world of hats because of prementioned pate reasons (getting a bit baldy now I'm 34!) :)

But this season I'll mostly be wearing bandanas as I'm going to live in China in a few weeks, playing 4 gigs a week, and it hits a warm 37 degrees usually there for the summer so it'll help keep the sweat outta my eyes![/quote]

Sounds ace! ( just to rub it in, me 'n my hair are 34 in a couple of months too;)

[quote name='lee4' post='804296' date='Apr 12 2010, 10:20 PM'][attachment=47114:Lee_gurn.jpg]
Me,a Topman trilby,and a Status Groove.
Definately try Hatsandcaps.co.uk.I have a Jaxon diamond crown porkpie hat as everyday wear.[/quote]

Fixed the url typo there :)
Yep +1 for [url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/category.asp?cat_id=mens_hats&gclid=CIOL3I-MgqECFUNb4wodaghtAg"]Hats and Caps (Village Hats)[/url] and Porkpie Hats for bassplayers' everyday wear. Just natural innit.

• 3 months later...

And I'm in, normally take my hat off to play, but found a couple of shots from practices where I couldn't find a place to put it.

Summer hat... hasn't had much use the last few years....

Normal hat, filthy and sweaty and horrid inside, but much loved, the mark 5 Dave Black Trilby, soon to disintegrate and be replaced by the mark 6.

Thought it was time to get this thread back up near the top anyway.