Why become a member? ×

Bass players in hats

MacDaddy

• 1 year later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='658010' date='Nov 18 2009, 12:38 PM']Another from the same gig, I suspect.

Do you think he got his nose done at some point?

2006[/quote]

Andy fraser is brilliant,i was pretty shocked to find out he was HIV though poor guy.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='fatback' post='658174' date='Nov 18 2009, 02:58 PM']OK, so what about us baldies?

Should we wear hats on the principle that hats are cool so why [i]shouldn't[/i] we get to wear them like hairy bas***ds, or should we avoid them on the 'Edge' principla that everyone is going, 'well we know why [i]he [/i]wears a hat'?

fatback :)[/quote]

My personal view is people should do what they want to do. My guitarist wears a hat all the time because he is greying but has very cool hair. You do what you want. I hate this whole stigma of you can't do this because of a certain reason. The basic premise of rock n roll was that there were no rules. I don't personally care for U2 but I don't see the deal with The Edge - if he wants to wear a hat, fine. A bit like with nose jobs - it obviously doesn't bother Pete Townsend where as Cilla Black obviously was concerned enough to have surgery. Live and let live, I say. Do your thing Fatback, I know I do!

[quote name='fatback' post='658174' date='Nov 18 2009, 02:58 PM']OK, so what about us baldies?

Should we wear hats on the principle that hats are cool so why [i]shouldn't[/i] we get to wear them like hairy bas***ds, or should we avoid them on the 'Edge' principla that everyone is going, 'well we know why [i]he [/i]wears a hat'?

fatback :)[/quote]

Choose your hat carefully ... Dave Hill from Slade

People should be free to wear whatever hats they like, free from mindless insults and persecution*.

Same with waistcoats, though one runs the risk of being taken for a snooker player. Mind you, I suppose we share the common aspiration of playing with balls.

For myself, I eschew the hat practice as it's unlikely to rain indoors and my mum told me always to remove my hat when in someone else's house.

[i][size=1]* Unless it's me doing the insulting [/size][/i]

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='BlueBear' post='95330' date='Nov 27 2007, 09:52 PM']After Saturday's gig I've decided to get a bandana. I'll see how much sweat that manages to keep out of the eyes.

Does that qualify?[/quote]

Well , you either wear a bandana / headband or spend the entire gig with your eyes screwed up and your face hideously contorted in pain.

So you get to look like Mark Knopfler either way !!

• 3 weeks later...

Village Hats has a pre-Christmas sale on Jaxton and Sure La tete hats.
Lots of bass players' hat potential Christmas present hats there and 20% off too!
[url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Jaxon-Hats-Cjaxon_hats/"]http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Jaxon-Hats-Cjaxon_hats/[/url]

[quote name='OldGit' post='674065' date='Dec 4 2009, 11:59 AM']Village Hats has a pre-Christmas sale on Jaxton and Sure La tete hats.
Lots of bass players' hat potential Christmas present hats there and 20% off too!
[url="http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Jaxon-Hats-Cjaxon_hats/"]http://www.hatsandcaps.co.uk/Jaxon-Hats-Cjaxon_hats/[/url][/quote]

Awesome site! I never expected to see a bowler for £25! Awesome!

Only problem is you can't try them on. I'm too frightened of looking like a total pillock to get one. :)

Edited by allighatt0r

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='674451' date='Dec 4 2009, 07:26 PM']Awesome site! I never expected to see a bowler for £25! Awesome!

Only problem is you can't try them on. I'm too frightened of looking like a total pillock to get one. :rolleyes:[/quote]

They do a 14 day refund deal. You just pay the postage back .. Their sizes have been accurate for me so far.

Anyway everyone looks a pillock in a bowler but I still have one :)

Edited by OldGit