Why become a member? ×

I fell off the stage last night

OldGit

Halfway through a fab dance which had 60 couples barging and swerving their way left and right over huge dance floor I took a step back from the mic, stood on a harmonica that had fallen off my stack, lost my balance and crashed back into my top cab, knocking my percussion box off the top ..

The stack stayed up as I tie everything together with a strap :)

Anyway I slid sideways off the stack and tripped on a stage floor light and 'urtled side ways off the stage...

Fortunately it was a relatively low one and I landed on my feet.

Being wireless I didn't then pull my stack on top of myself but I did stop playing for 8 bars :rolleyes:

No one noticed except my drummer who was showered with the contents of my percussion box ..

Phew, I thought, and then sprained my ankle later doing something very innocuous .. :lol:
Fun night.

[quote name='ash_sak' post='773674' date='Mar 13 2010, 04:02 PM']it sounds like you just avoided some serious pain.

it'll be a gig to remember though.[/quote]

yeah in many ways :rolleyes:

We had a support band too - ten 16 year olds playing acoustic versions of the same stuff we play (diddly folk) but with all the right notes and all in the right order too. :lol:
We won on volume though :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='773677' date='Mar 13 2010, 04:06 PM']We had a support band too - ten 16 year olds playing acoustic versions of the same stuff we play (diddly folk) but with all the right notes and all in the right order too. :lol:
We won on volume though :)[/quote]

I'll bet they played them faster, though. :rolleyes:

Glad you got away without too much damage..!

Years ago we were doing a gig in a theatre. The Singer / rhythm guitarist thought he'd be very cool during an instrumental by leaning against a curtained wall on the side of the stage.

Only, it wasn't a curtained wall. It was just a curtain.

He disappeared into the inky blackness of a storage area, landing on a pile of theatrical detritus with a comical crash.

Ouch.

[quote name='Hamster' post='773716' date='Mar 13 2010, 04:53 PM']As has been said, nobody usually notices the bass player unless they're on fire![/quote]

Haha I like that statement. Even if they're on fire in terms of their playing, good luck getting someone to notice you...

Edited by deathpanda

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='773729' date='Mar 13 2010, 05:05 PM']Glad you got away without too much damage..!

Years ago we were doing a gig in a theatre. The Singer / rhythm guitarist thought he'd be very cool during an instrumental by leaning against a curtained wall on the side of the stage.

Only, it wasn't a curtained wall. It was just a curtain.

He disappeared into the inky blackness of a storage area, landing on a pile of theatrical detritus with a comical crash.

Ouch.[/quote]
:)
One shouldn't laugh I know but you've described it so well.

I fell of a stage during soundcheck once and broke my elbow. 5 hours later, with my plucking hand in a sling I still played the gig, and loaded the car, and drove back to Manchester. I eventually went to the hospital where I was very sternly told off.

[u][b]AGONY THOUGH!![/b][/u]

Edited by DanOwens

[quote name='urbanx' post='773923' date='Mar 13 2010, 10:08 PM']I know there's already a thread about getting paid for gigs, but presumably there's a cheque for £250 from Harry Hill in the post...[/quote]

Oh wow!
I must ask the video person if they caught it :)
Thanks mate:)