Why become a member? ×

Best classic paint jobs on a Jazz bass...?

EBS_freak

What's your favourite Jazz bass colour scheme?

I'm a sucker for white jazz basses, white scratchplate, maple neck, white headstock...

....also loved the surf green/maple necked, white scratchplate Nordstrand (Kevin Lindseys I believe) that was for sale on the forum not so long ago.

Slightly off white with a tortoise shell pick guard..
that or natural with black pickguard... but natural needs to be yellowish otherwise it looks cheap

not that i'm at all picky lol!

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='760608' date='Mar 1 2010, 12:09 PM']What's your favourite Jazz bass colour scheme?

I'm a sucker for white jazz basses, white scratchplate, maple neck, white headstock...

....also loved the surf green/maple necked, white scratchplate Nordstrand (Kevin Lindseys I believe) that was for sale on the forum not so long ago.[/quote]

[quote name='JMT3781' post='760613' date='Mar 1 2010, 12:14 PM']Slightly off white with a tortoise shell pick guard..[/quote]

Oh yes, defo.

[quote]that or natural with black pickguard... but natural needs to be yellowish otherwise it looks cheap[/quote]

I know what you mean. I don't like the pine furniture look for a bass!

Candy apple red, matching headstock, white pearly scratchplate, neck ashtray, bound rosewood board with MOP blocks.
As a close second, the same as the above only in Lake Placid Blue.
Too cool for words. :)

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='760616' date='Mar 1 2010, 12:17 PM']Oh yes, defo.

I know what you mean. I don't like the pine furniture look for a bass![/quote]

Oh..that has given me ideas...as that is my body colour and it works with that tort plate....
I was in two minds before I saw this..

[quote name='Rich' post='760620' date='Mar 1 2010, 12:22 PM']Candy apple red, matching headstock, white pearly scratchplate, neck ashtray, bound rosewood board with MOP blocks.
As a close second, the same as the above only in Lake Placid Blue.
Too cool for words. :)[/quote]

Yup,
CAR or LPB with matching headstocks. Think I'd prefer Maple for a fret board, though, and I could take or leave the ashtrays...

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='761408' date='Mar 2 2010, 12:44 AM']hold the ashtrays[/quote]
You're going to have a right bugger-on fretting if you're holding an ashtray. Right hand should be fine; just whack the metalwork against the strings, plectrum-style.

<ahem>

On-topic... 3-tone sunburst, tort plate, rosewood, dots not blocks, plain maple headstock. Simple, clean, happy.

[quote name='Pkomor' post='761561' date='Mar 2 2010, 10:03 AM']That, or fiesta red with tort plate and ashtrays:

[/quote]

I'm a sonic blue and pearlised white scratchplate guy. I don't like white scratchplates at all. They are too stark. When coupled with the Geddy Lee colours it just looks all wrong to me.

When I bought my first P back in 1976, I wanted the all black body with black scratch and maple neck. Yum. They didn't have any and so I got the boringly popular natural with black scratch. Not the same at all.

Of course the classic sunburst with tort plate looks cool, especially when weathered.

Davo

Olympic white (or Vintage white) with red tortoise shell pickguard, maple neck. -- Ideal on a Jaguar!

Or the same but Sunburst body.

I'm just a sucker for a maple neck!

Ashtrays too!

Edited by Rosh

[quote name='Rich' post='762078' date='Mar 2 2010, 06:42 PM']Great, well I now have simply [i]massive[/i] GAS for a custom 5-string Jazzer in Candy Apple Red etc. and it's all the fault of this thread. Thanks a bunch. :)[/quote]

I've had major GAS for a year or so on a Vintage white Jag with red tort pickguard...

Currently I'm saving as I'm in dire need of a good Fender (J/P/Jag/Must) for what will eventually be £440~

GASGASGASGASGASGASGASGASGASGASGASGAS