Why become a member? ×

Uncool, Cool, Sub Zero

Prosebass

[quote name='Prosebass' post='707777' date='Jan 10 2010, 03:39 PM']Bugger, Sussed !!! :lol: I was thinking of making one for myself.[/quote]
You'll change your tune when you find out that John Hall from Rickenbacker bought the rights to Roden bass designs after the fall of the Soviet Union, and currently has a pack of legal attack dogs scanning this thread for the first hint of copyright infringement... :ph34r: :rolleyes:

Seriously - an updated take on that design would certainly be intriguing - so go for it! :)

[quote name='Mog' post='708149' date='Jan 10 2010, 08:35 PM']could be cool with a different headstock. its just too plain and nicely contoured for the body shape.[/quote]
Headless. Apart from anything else, it would make it more stable - the original design must have neck-dive from hell.

J.

Edited by Bassassin

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='707985' date='Jan 10 2010, 06:38 PM']To use the Clarkson analogy, if you were in a top function band at a London glitterati party and you were trying to impress Kiera Knightly, you wouldn't be playing a bass like that. :)[/quote]

If you were out to impress Kiera Knightly at a London glitterati party, you wouldn't be playing bass in the function band. You might as well be one of the waiters. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Bassman68' post='706551' date='Jan 9 2010, 01:46 PM']Reminds me of some of those old Guild basses.[/quote]

is what I was gonna say - the B301 and B302. I had a black vintage B301 and it was ACAF so I voted cool :)

would prefer a different headstock though, or headless - neckdive was a problem.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='708677' date='Jan 11 2010, 11:45 AM']You'll change your tune when you find out that John Hall from Rickenbacker bought the rights to Roden bass designs after the fall of the Soviet Union, and currently has a pack of legal attack dogs scanning this thread for the first hint of copyright infringement... :ph34r: :lol:

Seriously - an updated take on that design would certainly be intriguing - so go for it! :)

Headless. Apart from anything else, it would make it more stable - the original design must have neck-dive from hell.

J.[/quote]

Probably got Russian Mafia links , so I wouldn't want to go there :lol:

The responses do make me wonder though, nobody has said 'if it sounded great and played great who gives a f*** what it looks like'

Looks like the bass fashion victims have been outed :rolleyes:

i voted uncool, but i didn't realise prosebass was planning on building one! it would definatly be cool in say white with a black pickguard, or like someone else suggested earlier zebrano. its just that horrible purple and hideous pickguard (sparkly pink, the shape is pretty cool)!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Prosebass' post='710413' date='Jan 12 2010, 07:06 PM']The responses do make me wonder though, nobody has said 'if it sounded great and played great who gives a f*** what it looks like'

Looks like the bass fashion victims have been outed :)[/quote]

You've pre-empted me, I fear!
I was going to say;
"Dunno if it's cool/uncool/subzero, I haven't played it yet..."
It could sound like God burping...
And, irrespetive of aesthetics, that carries a bit a weight IMHO!
[i]It's all about tone![/i] Whoever HE is.