Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='837973' date='May 15 2010, 10:39 AM']All the raffle gifts are most welcome, even if it's just a packet of scratchplate screws ! Seriously, anyone that wants to contribute something to the day, however small, deserves a big thank you from me and everyone that attends on the day. As Rich said somewhere else, B.C. is a wonderful place.

Fat Rich- it will be great to have you along on the day, if only just to meet you in person. If anyone is likely to get their skills laughed at, it's probably going to be me !!! Also, I would personally like to see some more Status basses having met OutToPlayJazz and his Status collection a short while ago. You're most welcome Sir.

Welcome one and all :)

T[/quote]

Since we're raffling for charity (big bottle of JD from me btw) how about a charity poker game - shouldn't take long, and might raise a little - happy to organise if anyone is interested!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I'm really looking forward to coming to this, however I will be coming from Portsmouth. I won't need a bed for the night (as my dad owes me substantial '£££', so driving me up is only fair) but I would only be able to bring my amp head (HiWatt) unless I've bought a combo by this time. Will bring a couple of my basses and I look forward to meeting all of you!

TK

[quote name='51m0n' post='847185' date='May 25 2010, 09:04 AM']If I can then I wish to be placed near the very front of the 'to be laughed at' queue please....[/quote]
With so many of us feeling this way, maybe we should have a special prize for the most embarrassed..? :)

Hmm, my finance is in Paris on her hens weekend that weekend, I may be able to make it. I am not sure how much gear I can bring, but here is waht I have:

Ritter Roya "Casa Fronto" 5 String
Sadowsky NYC PJ4
MTD 535-21 Mariyln
MTD 535-24
Kennedy Custom 6 string with Alembic running gear :)

2x Accugroove Tri112's
1x Markbass LM2

TCE Polytune
FEA Labs Growler
Aguilar Octomizer
3Leaf Groove Regulator
Subdecay Quasar
TCE Nova Comp
SFX Micro-RD
Big JOhn Granny Puker
WMD Geiger Counter Civillian Issue
Analogman Chorus w/deep
Subdecay Echobox
Eventide Pitchfactor
Boomerang III Phase Sampler
Radial Big City ABY Switcher

I probably couldn't bring it all, but could bring a selection perhaps.

Mark

[quote name='Mark Latimour' post='847207' date='May 25 2010, 09:29 AM']Hmm, my finance is in Paris on her hens weekend that weekend, I may be able to make it. I am not sure how much gear I can bring, but here is waht I have:

Sadowsky NYC PJ4
MTD 535-21 Mariyln
MTD 535-24

2x Accugroove Tri112's
1x Markbass LM2

TCE Polytune
FEA Labs Growler
Aguilar Octomizer
3Leaf Groove Regulator
Subdecay Quasar
TCE Nova Comp
SFX Micro-RD
Big JOhn Granny Puker
Analogman Chorus w/deep
Subdecay Echobox
Eventide Pitchfactor

Mark[/quote]
If you can come then please bring an MTD :wub:

I've updated my signature - happy to bring anything that's on there really :)

By June 27th I should also have the Alleva Willie Weeks Signature:

Possibly another Alleva Coppolo 1600 LTD in trans cherry spalted maple

And, hopefully a Performance Bass P in a lovely nitro ivory finish with a white plate and all black hardware - these Performance basses really are very nice indeed, I'll definitely have my Louis Johnson Signature with me anyway:

[quote name='TomKent' post='847012' date='May 24 2010, 11:09 PM']Hey All,

I'm really looking forward to coming to this, however I will be coming from Portsmouth. I won't need a bed for the night (as my dad owes me substantial '£££', so driving me up is only fair) but I would only be able to bring my amp head (HiWatt) unless I've bought a combo by this time. Will bring a couple of my basses and I look forward to meeting all of you!

TK[/quote]
I am also thinking about going and I too will be heading up from Portsmouth in a reasonably large estate car so If you or anyone else wants to talk about getting together give me a shout.

john

[quote name='Captain Rumble' post='848040' date='May 25 2010, 11:10 PM']I am also thinking about going and I too will be heading up from Portsmouth in a reasonably large estate car so If you or anyone else wants to talk about getting together give me a shout.

john[/quote]

Cheers for the offer, however I've just persuaded my dad to drive me and he hasn't been up for a while so fancies it now!

Currently I'll be potentially bringing the following;

2001 (ish) Fender Jazz 4-string.
2004 (ish) Yamaha RBX 775 5-string.

Possibly; 1970's copy p-bass fretted (if I get the electrics working) &/or a p-bass fretless (if I get it).

Might bring my HiWatt, but more likely to bring a combo (again if I've bought one).

See you all there!

I'm still hoping I can attend but just wondered if anyone is able to give mr a lift from either south or central London? Happy to pay towards petrol - if I travel on my own I can only really bring ne bass so if anyone has a preference between my Sei Single Cut or Sei Jazz then let me know. I'll be packing my Genz Shuttle 9.0 as I really want to try it through a big 8x10 just to see how loud it's 900 watts really sound :) it'll be a first as I've not had a chance to really crank it...

Cheers

Mike

[quote name='Mark Latimour' post='847207' date='May 25 2010, 09:29 AM']Hmm, my finance is in Paris on her hens weekend that weekend, I may be able to make it. I am not sure how much gear I can bring, but here is waht I have:

Sadowsky NYC PJ4
MTD 535-21 Mariyln
MTD 535-24

2x Accugroove Tri112's
1x Markbass LM2

TCE Polytune
FEA Labs Growler
Aguilar Octomizer
3Leaf Groove Regulator
Subdecay Quasar
TCE Nova Comp
SFX Micro-RD
Big JOhn Granny Puker
Analogman Chorus w/deep
Subdecay Echobox
Eventide Pitchfactor

Mark[/quote]

Ooooh, these two:-

Aguilar Octomizer
3Leaf Groove Regulator

Would be really interesting!

Heads up time folks

Just checked the map for this one. It's close to the A406 North Circular where the roads have been reduced to one lane for the next six months, therefore much traffic annoyance unless you take steps to go around it.

Just so's you all know.......

T

Liked the idea of the for sale thread at first glance, but considered it a bit.

What if two people show up on the day wanting the same thing having seen it advertised on the thread ? to avoid this, it may be best to either;

- Arrange the sale in the usual way and exchange on the day or,

- Have a for sale sign up on the day.

Of course, If everyone wants to have a for sale thread, shout up and I'll do it !

Keep the ideas coming

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='853896' date='Jun 1 2010, 06:05 PM']Liked the idea of the for sale thread at first glance, but considered it a bit.

What if two people show up on the day wanting the same thing having seen it advertised on the thread ? to avoid this, it may be best to either;

- Arrange the sale in the usual way and exchange on the day or,

- Have a for sale sign up on the day.

Of course, If everyone wants to have a for sale thread, shout up and I'll do it !

Keep the ideas coming

T[/quote]
No worries!

I'll advertise them in the regular 'For Sale' thread and if they haven't sold by the time the 'Bash comes round, I'll bring 'em with me to sell on the day. Sounds fair?

Ta, Ian

I've been there when it's had stage lights & a basic PA set up but I'm not 100% sure about the electrics overall.

It's a decent sized London school though so I'm sure it's had health & safety people all over it.

I'll see if I can ask the caretaker though :)

I've just been out there on a reconnaissance mission, scoping out the scene.

[b]1. Food[/b]

The nearest shops are about 15 - 20 mins. walk away. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never been comfortable with the idea of a great deal of distance between my equipement and me in the public domain. This means setting up food and drink on site for the day.

Anyone up for doing the food and drink on the day ?

[b]2. Stations[/b]

The nearest station to the London underground service is Arnos Grove. This is a good 20 - 30 mins walk away from the school.

The nearest overground is New Southgate. New Southgate is the nearer of the two, but it's still a 10 -15 mins for a brisk unloaded walk.

On the day I'm good to shuttle folks from the station to the venue, provided I have a little notice of requirements. If anyone needs to be collected at the beginning of the day, please let me know well in advance and be prepared to be collected earlier than the start time, as I will have to be at the venue for the start, of course.

Anyone that can help out with collecting and dropping off people on the day, please step up, as I'm sure a few will be coming by rail.

It's about 10 mins. walk from the nearest bus route.

[b]Security[/b]

Anyone wishing to take on security tasks on the day is more than welcome. Details to be sorted.

Molan, looking forward to hearing from you about the electrics.

ok, it's 21 days to go folks !

look forward to seeing you all there

T

If anyone uses Google maps then watch out for the fact that they are showing the school a lot closer to the stations than it actually is. GMaps show it about half way down Bellvue Road from the main Friern Barnet Road. It's actually right down the bottom of Bellvue Road near a road called the Crescent.

Distances from Arnos Grove tube is just under a mile - they say this is an 18 minute walk (but maybe longer if you're lumping a bass!).

New Southgate overground is almost exactly half a mile and a 10 minute walk.

There's a handy cab office right opposite Arnos Grove Station if needed in an 'emergency' :)