Why become a member? ×

London region bash 2010

essexbasscat

A big THANK YOU to everyone that's interested in this - beginning to get quite stoked about the whole thing. My gratefulness and respect for everyone's ideas and effort displayed here on this thread.

I'll edit the top page to construct a list very soon - I would do it tonight, but my eyelids are calling last orders.......

Take care all and cheers

T

:)

Other commitments permitting I'd love to come along - I'm based in Brixton but I think the idea of a big pub somewhere would be great - and re the idea of bands playing I think that's a good one - maybe Mr Dave Marks could come along and do both a fusion and rock thing - I may be able to rustle up a few musos as well - if not a decent drummer to come and groove with.

Keep us posted chaps

Mike

I'd be up for any London, or surrounding area, bass bash so I'd say I'm in.
Only thing would be my gigging activities possibly clashing with the date.
I was up for the 2008 SE Bass Bash right up until a week or so beforehand when a gig did come in for me.
I'm glad to say I was able to make the 2009 SEBB which was excellent (much kudos to ped et al) and a great success.

[quote name='ahpook' post='701068' date='Jan 4 2010, 10:26 PM']i'd be on for it, if i could get over the fear of meeting a roomful of bass players.

:)[/quote]

Really, it's an excellent experience. So much to experience and learn from so many [i]friendly[/i] faces, some of whom you'll be familiar with... if not actually know.
Think of a bash as BassChat brought to life. Literally.

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='703258' date='Jan 6 2010, 06:52 PM']Really, it's an excellent experience. So much to experience and learn from so many [i]friendly[/i] faces, some of whom you'll be familiar with... if not actually know.
[b]Think of a bash as BassChat brought to life. Literally.[/b][/quote]

Perfect description of it!

[b][/b]Well, it's 2010 and time for basschat's first planned bash of the year. So far:

Date[b][/b]: To be confirmed
[b][/b]Time[b][/b]: To be confirmed
[b][/b]Venue[b][/b]:To be confirmed
Format, Venue link and Map under discussion

It's basic at this point, but here's a list that people can add their name to, in the interest of at least having a numbers count and quick reference point.

[b][/b]01. Essexbasscat[b][/b]
[b][/b]02.[b][/b]
[b][/b]03.[b][/b]
[b][/b]04.[b][/b]
[b][/b]05.[b][/b]
[b][/b]06.[b][/b]
[b][/b]07.[b][/b]
[b][/b]08.[b][/b]
[b][/b]09.[b][/b]
[b][/b]10.[b][/b]
[b][/b]11.[b][/b]
[b][/b]12.[b][/b]
[b][/b]13.[b][/b]
[b][/b]14.[b][/b]
[b][/b]15.[b][/b]
[b][/b]16.[b][/b]
[b][/b]17.[b][/b]
[b][/b]18.[b][/b]
[b][/b]19.[b][/b]
[b][/b]20.[b][/b]
[b][/b]21.[b][/b]
[b][/b]22.[b][/b]
[b][/b]23.[b][/b]
[b][/b]24.[b][/b]
[b][/b]25.[b][/b]

I've just put down this many for now to get things going. It's by no means any kind of statement about intended numbers.

I havn't added the names of anyone that has stated an intention to come. I avoided this as I didn't want to act on anyone's behalf without their permission. Please feel free to add your own name. You're also welcome to leave a description of any gear you may be bringing along for the day.

I'm in discussion with some members that have helped organise other bashes, [b][/b]But it's early days, so please do get in touch with me at this point just to get the ball rolling. All practical ideas and suggestions welcome !!![b][/b]

I'm going to PM a few people from this list to try and draw a few things together. Once this is done, I'll be looking forward to addressing all the future comments as "We" instead of "I".

Nothing's set in stone yet, so please don't panic or get out of shape if something isn't to your liking. I'll do everything I can to make it an enjoyable day for everyone.

Look forward to seeing you all on the day (whenever that is!!!)

T

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='703606' date='Jan 6 2010, 10:42 PM'][b][/b]Well, it's 2010 and time for basschat's first planned bash of the year. So far:

Date[b][/b]: To be confirmed
[b][/b]Time[b][/b]: To be confirmed
[b][/b]Venue[b][/b]:To be confirmed
Format, Venue link and Map under discussion

It's basic at this point, but here's a list that people can add their name to, in the interest of at least having a numbers count and quick reference point.

[b][/b]01. Essexbasscat[b][/b]
[b][/b]02. Bloodaxe & the usual Aria or two[b][/b]
[b][/b]03.[b][/b]
[b][/b]04.[b][/b]
[b][/b]05.[b][/b]
[b][/b]06.[b][/b]
[b][/b]07.[b][/b]
[b][/b]08.[b][/b]
[b][/b]09.[b][/b]
[b][/b]10.[b][/b]
[b][/b]11.[b][/b]
[b][/b]12.[b][/b]
[b][/b]13.[b][/b]
[b][/b]14.[b][/b]
[b][/b]15.[b][/b]
[b][/b]16.[b][/b]
[b][/b]17.[b][/b]
[b][/b]18.[b][/b]
[b][/b]19.[b][/b]
[b][/b]20.[b][/b]
[b][/b]21.[b][/b]
[b][/b]22.[b][/b]
[b][/b]23.[b][/b]
[b][/b]24.[b][/b]
[b][/b]25.[b][/b][/quote]

EssexBC! I think this is where it starts to get a bit ragged mate! :)

Another (possibly) 20-odd posts like this & we'll be in megathread country before we know it. Perhaps just keep post #1 as the master & assume everybody is just a "possible" for now - it'll soon shape up when we've got venue(s), & some prospective costings/dates.

By way of an update on that BTW, I've just about ruled out two in SE8 - Creekside Studios & MusicComplex - on access/parking (one's on the 1st floor & Saturday is Market Day). Couldn't get to the Coach & Horses - jam cancelled due to weather - so that & one in SE23 will have to wait until next week.

Pete.

Thanks Pete

I'll PM you soon

T

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='703671' date='Jan 6 2010, 11:38 PM']EssexBC! I think this is where it starts to get a bit ragged mate! :rolleyes:

Another (possibly) 20-odd posts like this & we'll be in megathread country before we know it. Perhaps just keep post #1 as the master & assume everybody is just a "possible" for now - it'll soon shape up when we've got venue(s), & some prospective costings/dates.

By way of an update on that BTW, I've just about ruled out two in SE8 - Creekside Studios & MusicComplex - on access/parking (one's on the 1st floor & Saturday is Market Day). Couldn't get to the Coach & Horses - jam cancelled due to weather - so that & one in SE23 will have to wait until next week.

Pete.[/quote]

Add me to the list. Not sure what I'll be bringing yet. Either the SX I have on it's way, or for that obscureish retro feel a Westone Spectrum DX. If no-one's bringing a fretless and someone wants a go on one, I can bring my Fender Jazz instead.

[quote name='Duke Euphoria' post='704236' date='Jan 7 2010, 02:45 PM']I'd be delighted to poke my nose in, but as a rank newbie I don't think I'll be doing much if any playing.[/quote]

Don't worry about that - it'll be a laugh. I've been playing bass for yonks but I don't have anything fancy in my repetoire - I prefer the opposite in fact :)