Why become a member? ×

Ebay clearout to end all Ebay clearouts....

wateroftyne

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='697519' date='Dec 31 2009, 08:45 PM'][url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/bambibau/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340"]Wow... I wonder if he'll do a discount for the whole lot?[/url][/quote]

Are his prices a bit optimistic, or is the vintage market doing better?

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='697536' date='Dec 31 2009, 09:06 PM']Optimistic, IMO.[/quote]

Right. I thought so. I've seen auctions for this seller before, although never this quantity in one go. His prices have always been pretty high in the past as well. I don't know if it's a cultural thing, but it seems to be quite common for some of the European sellers, especially Spain and Italy.

[quote name='bassaussie' post='697557' date='Dec 31 2009, 08:25 PM']Right. I thought so. I've seen auctions for this seller before, although never this quantity in one go. His prices have always been pretty high in the past as well. I don't know if it's a cultural thing, but it seems to be quite common for some of the European sellers, especially Spain and Italy.[/quote]

The prices are high, although the Rickenbacker Blackstar is as rare as hens' teeth. Wasn't someone on here looking for one recently?

Beppe is straight, and a good guy to deal with. His prices are high, but that's partly because his stock is superb and partly because the Euro exchange rate is so Godawful these days.

I've dealt with him a few times over the last couple of years. His current stock list is nothing special for him.

PS: He does take sensible offers pretty seriously.

Edited by Happy Jack

[quote name='bassaussie' post='697557' date='Dec 31 2009, 08:25 PM']Right. I thought so. I've seen auctions for this seller before, although never this quantity in one go. His prices have always been pretty high in the past as well. I don't know if it's a cultural thing, but it seems to be quite common for some of the European sellers, especially Spain and Italy.[/quote]

currency rate doesn't help

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='697519' date='Dec 31 2009, 07:45 PM'][url="http://shop.ebay.co.uk/bambibau/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340"]Wow... I wonder if he'll do a discount for the whole lot?[/url][/quote]

What happened to the No Gas thing :)

That 72 telebass is fecking filth. I would kiss it in the mouth.

Edit; Having looked closer, the neck pocket is a bit gappy, it's a refin and the pickguard is a repro, and looks like a crap fit.

It's sort of filthy, and i'd peck it on the cheek. For a grand.

And that Dakota red would get £800, and a candy apple red refin, with a gold anodised pickguard...also, the treble side of the neck socket has got a crimminal 'lip' - i'd get my luthier to shave that down flush with the neck...

So, i'd probably just leave it, haha.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='karlfer' post='697951' date='Jan 1 2010, 02:02 PM']Having just looked at that lot, I am relieved that I can, in all good conscience, ask £1500 for my 74/75.[/quote]
it's worth bearing in mind that the only prices on eBay of any real use are the green ones, after the auction has ended...

I know a lot of these prices are screwed by the current exchange rate but some of this lot are nearly a grand more than they'd fetch over here at the moment. There's a good £500 on most of them anyway.

With that kind of differential even making an offer seems kinda pointless.

It'll be interesting to see if any of them sell. . .

Edited by molan

Yeah that 1970 OW is a beauty!
But 2700 for a refinish? naaaaaa :). And also, where has the truss gone in the end-of-the-neck picture

The '68 Jazz is also very nice, non-original tuners from wrong era kinda ruins it though haha.

Si

I nearly bought the OW re-fin when it was listed by its previous owner on German eBay in September.

Beppe (Giuseppe) bought it and is now offering it at a suitable mark-up for his profit. :rolleyes:

I haven't got a problem with someone who likes to trade basses. I see one in my shaving mirror every day. :)

Yup

It was me looking at a Blackstar before and it went too rich for me in the end. The one he has is lovely, but stupidly overpriced. Even taking into account no duty to pay, it's significanly pricier than the US one I had to walk awya from.

I have emailed him a link to the US one just sold, and the guide price from 2010 Vintage Guitar book (thanks Si!). So we'll see what he comes back with.

He rates it as "Near Mint".. but it has some obvious cracking/crazing to the paint, would that still keep it at NM status?