Why become a member? ×

Double neck Jaydee

headless

For sale

1977 Jaydee doubleneck 8 and 4 string with simms

Few dings and scuffs - 21lbs of exotic wood and tone!

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300380344034&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=STRK:MESELX:IT[/url]

£1350 ONO + shipping

Cheers,

George

It takes something special to shut me up... (according to her indoors), consider me dumbfounded. I wish I had the application (and money) good luck with what seems a very reasonable asking price for a piece of history...

Oh... Merry Christmas.. ( I hear Santa is bringing me a double neck.... oh well, worth a try)

Andy

[quote name='headless' post='693063' date='Dec 24 2009, 04:46 PM']Both long scale![/quote]
Really?! There must be some crazy optical illusions going on.

In the first picture on the eBay listing (the picture in the OP here), the 8-string bridge is clearly further from the "tail" of the bass (by an inch or two), so for the scale lengths to be the same, the 8-string neck would have to protrude further from the body by the same inch or two. But then in other pictures (the one of the headstocks, the one of the backs of the necks and especially the full-length one in the case), the 8-string neck clearly [i]doesn't[/i] protrude further. It's noticeably shorter. And the frets on the 8-string neck are clearly more closely spaced than on the 4-string neck (with the 12th frets nicely coinciding). So it must be a shorter scale length on the 8-string neck, by a good 3 or 4 inches if I'm reading those pictures right.

Could you satisfy my curiosity and measure from the nut to the 12th fret on each neck?

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='693152' date='Dec 24 2009, 03:01 PM']Really?! There must be some crazy optical illusions going on.

In the first picture on the eBay listing (the picture in the OP here), the 8-string bridge is clearly further from the "tail" of the bass (by an inch or two), so for the scale lengths to be the same, the 8-string neck would have to protrude further from the body by the same inch or two. But then in other pictures (the one of the headstocks, the one of the backs of the necks and especially the full-length one in the case), the 8-string neck clearly [i]doesn't[/i] protrude further. It's noticeably shorter. And the frets on the 8-string neck are clearly more closely spaced than on the 4-string neck (with the 12th frets nicely coinciding). So it must be a shorter scale length on the 8-string neck, by a good 3 or 4 inches if I'm reading those pictures right.

Could you satisfy my curiosity and measure from the nut to the 12th fret on each neck?[/quote]

Agreed - the 8 string neck looks to be short scale, assuming the 4 string is standard 34".