Why become a member? ×

Okay, so who here has twins?

Moos3h

[quote name='Gust0o' post='853113' date='May 31 2010, 11:30 PM']Your 88 Gunslinger is something else Lorne. Love the ST, great design - mine is a solid player. No twin, sadly.[/quote]

Thanks,the Gunslinger is usually my "Go to" bass,don't know why?,might be lower on the wall or something LOL

A brace of Buzzards, not twins but deffo blood related! By the daddy of Buzzard manufacturers - Status.
The B1 is one of John's as you probably know, the B2 I acquired yesterday from a great guy called Ian - ex bassist in The Whodlums. It is less than 3 years old, mint and fully flightcased. The spec:
Ash on Alder with black sunburst; side L.E.D's - Red; Gotoh tuners; D-tuner; chrome hardware.
Plays fantastic with a nice low action - can't wait to christen it! The wood chosen by Rob Green is also amazing - sets the bass apart for me.

Some pics:

• 4 weeks later...

My twins, but not of the identical variety, from Joe Veillette in Woodstock NY.

Left is a Paris, poplar body, maple neck with pau ferro board, Citron pickups and Aquilar 2 band eq.
Right is an Archtop, poplar body, maple neck with ebony board, Citron pickup and piezo in the bridge with D-Tar preamp.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote]The other is a more mellow offering of a JJ5 with Rosewood board, Haeussel single coil pickups and TI flats for a thumping smooth sound.[/quote]

Sounds like my old JJ5 is working out for you. Your old Jazz suits me down to the ground!

Cheers,
Rick

[quote name='BigRedX' post='904039' date='Jul 24 2010, 02:38 PM']Love all those SVBs! I notice that two of the red ones have coloured necks while the others are all 'natural'. Are they 60s versions?

BTW judging from that photo, I have something rather special on the way that you'll be interested in...[/quote]

the two with red necks were Ltd. Editions, the SB-J1 and SB-J2:

[quote name='Paul_C' post='904182' date='Jul 24 2010, 05:40 PM']the two with red necks were Ltd. Editions, the SB-J1 and SB-J2:

[/quote]

two beauties!

please post pics of the other rack - would like to see whats on it.

andy

[quote name='andy67' post='904583' date='Jul 25 2010, 10:44 AM']two beauties!

please post pics of the other rack - would like to see whats on it.

andy[/quote]

which rack ?

the one behind the two red-necked Yamahas contained all sorts of things in its time, but I do have this photo which shows some more of the madness :)

left to right:

Modulus Sonic Hammer
Modulus Jazz
Bongo 5 HS
Bongo 4HS
Bongo 4H
Stingray 4
Status Stealth 6
Status Stealth 4

[quote name='voxpop' post='887422' date='Jul 6 2010, 03:35 PM']My latest acquisition............................. a beautiful set of Sandberg twins. Each have their own little subtle differences.

First up is punchy, bright little a JM5 with a maple finger board, Delano pickups and Slinky strings.

The other is a more mellow offering of a JJ5 with Rosewood board, Haeussel single coil pickups and TI flats for a thumping smooth sound.

[attachment=53685:DSCN0898.JPG]

[attachment=53686:DSCN0901.JPG]

[attachment=53687:DSCN0902.JPG]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]
I owned that JJ5 for a while and it's a fabulous bass..Lovely duo by the way :lol:

i got 2 Kingbasses, 1 Artist (MooWood) & 1 Standard (Prototype 4)
here they are together,

here are all the Kingbass MooWood Sisters together, 2 owned by Moo and the other By Fran over on Statii forum,

and here is the Standard with 2 out of the 5 Prototype Kingbasses made, (owened by Darren from Statii)

[quote name='Paul_C' post='904610' date='Jul 25 2010, 11:18 AM']which rack ?

the one behind the two red-necked Yamahas contained all sorts of things in its time, but I do have this photo which shows some more of the madness :rolleyes:

left to right:

Modulus Sonic Hammer
Modulus Jazz
Bongo 5 HS
Bongo 4HS
Bongo 4H
Stingray 4
Status Stealth 6
Status Stealth 4[/quote]

That is a very nice rack! :)