Why become a member? ×

Okay, so who here has twins?

Moos3h

Just received yesterday my second Squier Classic Vibe Jazz! I've recently realised that the CV Jazz is without doubt my favourite bass to play and I love the sound! So when searching for a good bass to use as a backup, it was the logical choice!

The rest of my band think I'm weird (I'm not going to disagree), but if something works, why not!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Cheers,
James

Don't know if this counts, but I had a Lakland DJ4 and a DJ5 at the same time. Also used to have triplets in that I had a Stingray 4, a Fretless Stingray 4 and a Stingray 5 :) The 5 is gone now, but I still have the Fretted and Fretless 4's :rolleyes:

Edited by Higgie

I love 'em (clearly) but they won't be for everyone I suppose. That said, they strike me as a great example of a good jazz, and a good jazz is a great example of a fantastic bass!

Shame they don't offer different colours - I was tempted with that Biffy Clyro bass, but I don't really like the idea of playing a signature model (or paying extra for it!)

I currently own a beautifull Sandberg PM4 in the creme colour and this very weekend I am embarking on a voyage to Littlehampton to purchase a JJ5 in the same colour, though this one hs the pre-aged look. Cant bloomin wait. Pic's and bits to follow I'm sure.

Edited by uzzell

Hi. Smart move. If you like something, back it up. I have just bought an identical amp
to the one I use from a BCer. Very happy. :)

I have several twins and also a few of "Father and son's". Bass and it's nearest guitar.
Take some time to find what you like and if needed, and you are fortunate enough -
find a spare. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='686682' date='Dec 16 2009, 07:08 PM']I used to have two black Precisions, one US with maple neck, one Mex with rosewood fingerboard. Still got the Mex, the US went in favour of my Shuker JJ.[/quote]

I used to have two black Precisions too - one (US) black/black/maple and one (JV) black/brown tort/rosewood. Love 'em!

Not strictly twins, but (not too distant) cousins! :)

2004 Fender CIJ '62 Reissue & '82 Tokai Hardpuncher
Both with Seymours SPB-1 (Vintage) & heavy flats. Bit extravagant (to me) having both, same type of bass, but I love 'em both equally.
They feel slightly different from each other; the CIJ has a shallower, more modern profile neck, whilst the Tokai has a more traditional baseball bat old school feel.
Neither's a main bass, like to alternate between them.

[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='686837' date='Dec 16 2009, 10:34 PM']Not [i]quite[/i] twins, but close...

SB-1000F & SB-900[/quote]

Would be interested to know what the text on the headstock of the "SB1000F" reads. I suspect it says "Specially Designed & Approved By ARIA Research & Development LAB Original Custom Body Pat. No. 555719", and the bass is an SB1000/2R, first introduced in 1990.