Why become a member? ×

My lovely 72 P bass

Clarky

Just bought this beauty from BC'er Chris Kelly. Its a lovely light and very resonant 1972 P-bass, strung with well worn-in LaBella flats, and I am a happy dude. I have long coveted a vintage P bass in suburst/tort/rosewood and now I have it :)

[attachment=37308:fender_72P_front.jpg][attachment=37309:Fender_72P_full.jpg][attachment=37310:Fende
r_72P_rear.jpg]

PS, pics courtesy of Chris

[quote name='Clarky' post='669018' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:55 AM']Just bought this beauty from BC'er Chris Kelly. Its a lovely light and very resonant 1972 P-bass, strung with well worn-in LaBella flats, and I am a happy dude. I have long coveted a vintage P bass in suburst/tort/rosewood and now I have it :)

[attachment=37308:fender_72P_front.jpg][attachment=37309:Fender_72P_full.jpg][attachment=37310:Fende
r_72P_rear.jpg]

PS, pics courtesy of Chris[/quote]
Lovely!

It's a great year.. enjoy it.

[quote name='Sibob' post='669035' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:16 PM']Very nice!
That red is still very very prominent isn't it. From what I gather, it's the first part of the 'burst' to fade!?
So it's been kept out of the sun for all those years haha

Si[/quote]
Yes, its a very vibrant burst and, bar the odd bit of mojo (which I positively prefer, in part as I won't have to treat it with kid gloves) its in great condition.

[quote name='Clarky' post='669048' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:54 PM']Hey Chris, I am planning on this being THE ONE! So when 75 year-old Clarky plays geriatric punk, this will be strapped around his neck :rolleyes:[/quote]

Right now you should be playing it not BCing :)

Exactly the thing I was looking for before buying my 2009 P ( [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=68439"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=68439[/url] ) . Lovely lovely bass indeed in a classic colour scheme, great buy!

[quote name='Beedster' post='669215' date='Nov 29 2009, 04:37 PM']This from a guy with a CSPino and a Tony Franklin, likely two of the best basses Fender have produced for a long time :)[/quote]

Until I find the Holy Grail they are certainly doing the job :rolleyes: Ultimately it's a '71 for my dream bass though...

Anyway... you can talk! :lol: