Why become a member? ×

South East Bash

Merton

No idea when I will be there - chances are around lunch time, but I won't be staying for too long. Will most likely bring the MM Cutlass, Smith 5's and Celinder. If someone is bringing a 400w 4ohm cab or two 8 ohm cabs I might bring the V8 as well.

Also I'll bring the DHA prototype valve compressor if anyone fancies a go on it.

This afternoon I checked with the owner of Backline and everything is OK for Saturday from 10:00am.

The entrance is directly off the Station Car Park on the Farnham/Cathedral/University side, not the town side or for those with a compass, the west side.

If you are coming by train, take the exit for the University, not the town centre exit. This brings you out into Guildford Park Road. Turn left and turn left again down the slope signed Station Car Park/Farnham Road Car Park.

If you are coming by road and end up in the one-way system, you need to take the road signed A31 Farnham. Immediately after the railway bridge is a mini roudabout. Turn left into Guildford Park Road. Turn right into Station Car Park/Farnham Road Car Park.

At the bottom of the slope, turn right.

Just in front of the bridge on the right-hand side next to the advertising hoarding are some green gates.
This is the entrance to Backline.

This is the Station Car Park which Pay and Display.

If you carry on past Backline under the bridge you get to Farnham Road multi-storey car park which is pay-on-exit.

See you all there.

[quote name='G-77' post='45963' date='Aug 15 2007, 06:04 PM']Top man Dave, excellent photo guide, i will probably still get lost, ;-)[/quote]
+1

Thanks Dave...really helpful!

Just wondering two things, (i) is there a space outside where we can unload our gear before parking up for the day and (ii) is the studio on the ground floor?

See you there,

Nik

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='46182' date='Aug 16 2007, 07:34 AM']+1

Thanks Dave...really helpful!

Just wondering two things, (i) is there a space outside where we can unload our gear before parking up for the day and (ii) is the studio on the ground floor?

See you there,

Nik[/quote]

Yes there is room enough outside to park and unload without blocking the road. It is the ground level but there are a couple of steps up.

See you there.

Excellent photo guide Dave, we have one of those for our gigs as it's such a weird location.

I will be along at about 2:00 as I have some prior charity commitments. I will bring my Jap Fender Jazz with J-retro (formerly onehappybunny's who I think is also going?)

[quote name='obbm' post='46191' date='Aug 16 2007, 07:55 AM']Yes there is room enough outside to park and unload without blocking the road. It is the ground level but there are a couple of steps up.

See you there.[/quote]
Ok - thanks! It's great having our own Basschat reconnaissance team :)

Hope to be there at some point with my old upgraded Wal Pro 1. Must get a new set of wires on to save embarassment!!

Its just round the corner from my office so free parking :huh: as long as its not full of Saturday scammers by the time I arrive :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='46782' date='Aug 17 2007, 11:11 AM']Looks like I'm not going to make it tomorrow so you're gonna have to manage without me, my Flea and Carol, my new 73 Precision! Apologies guys, I hope you all have a great day
Chris[/quote]
That's a shame Chris... Hope to see you at the next BC gathering, wherever that is? How's Carol settling in at Beedster Towers then?

NIk

[quote name='Beedster' post='46782' date='Aug 17 2007, 11:11 AM']Looks like I'm not going to make it tomorrow so you're gonna have to manage without me, my Flea and Carol, my new 73 Precision! Apologies guys, I hope you all have a great day
Chris[/quote]

Smilie or Vorderman?

OK here are some photos from the SE Bassbash - the location of the venue was excellent! Top marks and thanks to OBBM for setting it up. It was nice to see some new faces and a load more players having a bash on the Smith 6 compared to the first time I brought it. One day I hope we'll be able to organise an impromptu jam!

Don't tell the wife! He's supposed to be limiting his salt intake!! :)

Hamster offered to bring his spiders in next time! He reckoned they got a bit excited by low frequencies!

Dr Funk (aka Thebassistformerlyknownasfunky_bass_guy) gets nasty on the Vig Arpeige "Deltametal"(tm) fretless

G-77 on MacDaddy's Shuker 6. I tried this bass and it was as punchy as a Jaydee! Made me rethink the spec for my own impending Shuker 6...

In the meantime, MacDaddy had a go on my Smith...

...and so did Lukeward2004!

The hardest man in Whitney showed up and put the lot of us in our place via the gift of sign language. I asked Si-Bob (right) to stand next to him but he was too intimidated. I think we all were coz once he'd stepped outside most of us left for home!

[quote name='Sibob' post='47188' date='Aug 18 2007, 06:34 PM']No pics showing up for me dude!

Yup, cheers for the play on the Smith, will write more of my thoughts of the bash later, just shooting off to my gig

Si[/quote]

They're working now. :)

Many thanks for organising the Bash Dave, Sorry I could not stay longer.

Heres the Lakland Boy's with their Toy's !!

L - R, Silverfoxnik with his DJ 5; Hamster with his 55-01 with Audere pre-amp, also holding
on to OBBM's Duck Dunn with Darkstar pick-up; OBBM with his DJ 4 & 5, both with
'J' Retro's and Dusty with his JO 5 and BG-P/J.

Edited by Dusty

Crikey, so our Ped did turn up after all! Sorry to have missed you, Chris.

Nice to meet everyone, see some new faces and try out some seriously tasty gear. Nick's Ibanez 'Doug Wimbush' was my fave of the day, but there was an awful lot of quality bassery going on in that railway arch!

Big thanks to OBBM for sorting it all. Really disappointed we never got to hear the V8, CK :) Next time, eh? Maybe by then I'll be able to bring the full VA350 rig and the two of us can have a mammoth ACME-vs-BFM Trace-Off! :huh:

Edited by Oxblood

Nah, it was me with the Wimbish - nice to meet the bloods (ox and axe :) ) and everyone else

A lot to absorb, but things that struck me were the GK combo (phenomenal grunt and clarity), the weight (lack of) on the Tech21 stuff, a lovely red 5 string Fender Jazz, the Lakland P/J, and the sound of the sunburst Wal (not sure I heard the black one at all...)

Thanks to OBBM for putting it together

Superb day - again, massive thanks to David for setting this one up. There was some lovely gear and it was great to see everyone and catch up, and meet some new faces. Gear highlights for me were OBBM's Duck Dunn bass - fantastic sound and a great take on the P design. The Darkstar pickup was great, I will have to check one of these out again. G77's synth madness was brilliant, I thought the bass itself felt and looked excellent and the sounds it made were just stupidly cool. I really liked the Gary Willis Fretless Ibanez too, it felt very much like my own - Luke you did indeed nail the setup.

Me and Luke popped out for a bite to eat and when we came back everyone apart from Nik and Trev had left, but Trev had set up the G77 monster (hmm, is there a connection between those two events?) and the four of us had a brill time chatting and jamming.

I am really sorry I missed you Oxblood and a few others who came earlier, we didn't arrive until about 2.30/3pm - fashionably late.

A thoroughly lovely day indeed. Many thanks for the lift Luke.

By the way kiwi, sort yer' captions out - its a Passion bass, not an Arpege ;0)